T-Mobile quadruples data in response to new Sprint pricing

Dietrichw

Source

t-mobile-logo-png.png

T-Mobile changed their $40 a month plan which included 500MB of full speed data to $45 for 2GB of full speed data. T-Mobile still doesn't charge fees for customers who go over the 2GB but openly slows down the speed of the data once the 2GB has been used up.

This seems to be their response to Sprints $60 a month plan which offers "unlimited" data.

Interesting, but I still prefer Sprint.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Interesting, but I still prefer Sprint.

Sprint is perfect, as long as youre in a good market. New York City, Chicago, Los Angelas Etc. I have sprint in NYC and love it.

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Sprint is perfect, as long as youre in a good market. New York City, Chicago, Los Angelas Etc. I have sprint in NYC and love it.

Me too. I even get LTE in my house :D

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I wish I had T-Mobile...

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

T-Mob for me. 

Maybe because on the heaviest month I won't crack 1GB of data, so paying 15 more just for "unlimited" doesn't sway me. 

man. how much longer will it take for verizon and att to get their heads out of their asses(specially at$t)? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

man. how much longer will it take for verizon and att to get their heads out of their asses(specially at$t)? 

Actually AT&T is a bit cheaper than Verizon, AT&T offers discounts to those who pay the full price of the phone, or bring in their own devices. Verizon does not. You can get a 1GB plan for $50 with AT&T if you bring your own device in, which is pretty good.

Actually AT&T is a bit cheaper than Verizon, AT&T offers discounts to those who pay the full price of the phone, or bring in their own devices. Verizon does not. You can get a 1GB plan for $50 with AT&T if you bring your own device in, which is pretty good.

i used to be on atnt, and verizon is very expensive, my bill went from 70 to 120 in a year. and i didnt even know how.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I've been with T-Mobile for about 8 years now. Love them too much to ever think about going to a different carrier. Sure, the coverage isn't AMAZING, but it's good enough. Currently pay $30 for 5GB of data, unlimited text, and 100 minutes of talk time. Only ONCE have I hit the 5GB cap, and even then they just dropped me down to 2G speeds until my next bill came. Never paid a single fee of any kind. Just my normal phone bill that I've had.

cool, competition like this is great for the mobile industry. Now if only it where that way with big isp's

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz