Worth loosing self integrity over a job?

cubercaleb

I have recently realized that free-lance jobs of kind are hard to make a decent amount of money from, wheather be photography, webdesign, animation, ad making, etc. So I have decided to get a real job! Or you know, one that guarantees me a paycheck. Since I have a decent amount of IT and gaming knowledge I was considering working at a place like Gamestop or Bestbuy, but then I remembered how both those stores rip off consumers, which I am completely against. Regardless, I need a job, and I want one to actually put my skills to use. So I'll ask the big question of the day, is it worth loosing my self integrity over getting a job at a place I hate so much, but get to do things I want?

Do what you enjoy and you'll never have to work a day in your life. If you're miserable, you'll want to kill yourself.

Living the dream.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I have recently realized that free-lance jobs of kind are hard to make a decent amount of money from, wheather be photography, webdesign, animation, ad making, etc. So I have decided to get a real job! Or you know, one that guarantees me a paycheck. Since I have a decent amount of IT and gaming knowledge I was considering working at a place like Gamestop or Bestbuy, but then I remembered how both those stores rip off consumers, which I am completely against. Regardless, I need a job, and I want one to actually put my skills to use. So I'll ask the big question of the day, is it worth loosing my self integrity over getting a job at a place I hate so much, but get to do things I want?

That's a very very difficult choice to make. I would suggest trying to find something that isn't at a place you hate/stand against. But overall do the best you can.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Do what you enjoy and you'll never have to work a day in your life.

Living the dream.

But what I enjoy makes jack shit.

Worth loosing self integrity over a job?

Depends on how much it pays...

431279030_NFTpop045_xlarge.gif

I would suggest best buy over gamestop. Also, try getting a job at a local PC shop, something that you can do to supplement what you truly enjoy.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's a very very difficult choice to make. I would suggest trying to find something that isn't at a place you hate/stand against. But overall do the best you can.

I was considering trying to get a job at my "local" Microcenter, but I would have to drive 15-30 minutes on the highway to get there.

feel you on this front, freelance isnt something to make a living off.

try a mcjob first, or something like that. nothign is worth standing against your values

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Do what you enjoy and you'll never have to work a day in your life.

Living the dream.

Living the dream....

colon5.jpg

Do you have a glorious store called Fry's electronics in your area? 

Well, there is a Microcenter near me, but its a long-ish drive and I don't have the time to travel for an hour every day.

Yeah but in all reality GameStops not a rip off it might be evil but there's far worst; Best buy just try getting a job that's not a sales position Geek Squad then you can actually help people.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

If you can find another job then don't work for the penises if you don't want to, I would look elsewhere myself beacuse I don't like the idea of upselling crap to people.

You thought you'd be making over 55K in the arts? Have you considered photojournalism lol? If all else fails then it's best to have a plan B.

Go back to school and start your carrier.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Well, there is a Microcenter near me, but its a long-ish drive and I don't have the time to travel for an hour every day.

and hour isn't really that bad

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

You thought you'd be making over 55K in the arts? Have you considered photojournalism lol? If all else fails then it's best to have a plan B.

Go back to school and start your carrier.

Freelance makes nothing, honestly. When I get a job its nice but other than that I would have to convince all my local restaurants to hire me to redesign their websites to make a living.

Still in school, which makes getting a job harder.

In saying that too, you can help guide people to buy the stuff they actually need, not whats just there, and you will be suprised at the reaction people will give you. Good customer service goes a long way.

End of the day, job is a job. And we all need money.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

and hour isn't really that bad

With classes throughout the day? Yes, I don't have an hour just to be driving on the highway.

If you can find another job then don't work for the penises if you don't want to, I would look elsewhere myself beacuse I don't like the idea of upselling crap to people.

I'd rather not flip burgers for a living, or serve food, or anything food related, I'm clumsy as hell. Maybe a job at Staples, but even they oversell crap.

Still in school, which makes getting a job harder.

Get good at online poker and play part-time, that's how I payed for my tuition. Seriously though, who cares if you sell out and get a menial job while you're in school.

You can always get that job as a temporary while looking for something more stable. 

Maybe just try it out and see how far it'll take you :) 

| MOBO: Asus Z97-PRO | CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Asus R9 280 | Ram: 8gb Kingston Ram| PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W | CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 | 

you have to work in the world, hopefully u enjoy doing it but at the end of the day I believe in finding the loophole in life...

I say this because, I had a very bad Gypsie attack...they stole my wife, plow... and they touch my horse in a very bad way... he got very depressed.

Get good at online poker and play part-time, that's how I payed for my tuition. Seriously though, who cares if you sell out and get a menial job while you're in school.

If I'm betting money I'll put in the stock market, not a game of poker.

you have to work in the world, hopefully u enjoy doing it but at the end of the day I believe in finding the loophole in life...

The dream is to get a job at Pixar or Valve, but we all know dreams are just dreams, not reality.