How technologically savvy is your school/work

my school sucks it's I.T. guys are crap i could do a better job all the speakers are a million years old and the laptops they supply the teachers are like bricks what is your work place/school like with tech.

Well I'm in the Computer Science department at my school, so I'd say fairly tech savvy.

i wish i was in my school but they put me in wood tech in stead i hate it and they refuse to transfer me P.s im in middle school

My high school has the most garbage projectors on earth. I'm sure at the time when they purchased them they were decent but... meh. The computers they provide for students to use are complete garbage. They run Windows 7 off a server I don't think a single one of them even has a hard drive. They're impossible to get work done on and lag like crazy. Some of my teachers are tech-savvy but I always find it funny how my language arts teacher and my digital art teacher last year both run their 22 inch monitors in 1024 x 768 or something obsurd. 

Basically, they're imbeciles when it comes to tech.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

At my highschool (and in the middle schools) each student has an ipad 3rd gen and each teacher has an ipad and a 2012 11" macbook, aswell as an apple tv in each room.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

At my highschool (and in the middle schools) each student has an ipad 3rd gen and each teacher has an ipad and a 2012 11" macbook, aswell as an apple tv in each room.

in my school we have to pay 1200 dollers for a crappy snadybridge laptop with apparently helpfull software withc it dosent have

Art Institute.

We have xeons and nvidia quadros in pretty much every computer in the labs. We also have cintiqs in the animation room and the main computer labs. 

Some classrooms have mac minis and projectors in them while others are held in the labs.

We have a tech guy and the students here range from not tech savy at all to having dealt with tech all their lives. Our tech guy is pretty cool although I don't see him around much. I end up fixing things before he arrives.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

in my school we have to pay 1200 dollers for a crappy snadybridge laptop with apparently helpfull software withc it dosent have

we pay 100$ per school year instead of the textbook fee

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Art Institute.

We have xeons and nvidia quadros in pretty much every computer in the labs. We also have cintiqs in the animation room and the main computer labs. 

Some classrooms have mac minis and projectors in them while others are held in the labs.

We have a tech guy and the students here range from not tech savy at all to having dealt with tech all their lives. Our tech guy is pretty cool although I don't see him around much. I end up fixing things before he arrives.

im so jelouse i wish my stupid school had this we have to pay for the internet we use at school 7c a megabite

we pay 100$ per school year instead of the textbook fee

o and after we leave school we get to keep the laptop but they wipe everything

My high school has the most garbage projectors on earth. I'm sure at the time when they purchased them they were decent but... meh. The computers they provide for students to use are complete garbage. They run Windows 7 off a server I don't think a single one of them even has a hard drive. They're impossible to get work done on and lag like crazy. Some of my teachers are tech-savvy but I always find it funny how my language arts teacher and my digital art teacher last year both run their 22 inch monitors in 1024 x 768 or something obsurd. 

Basically, they're imbeciles when it comes to tech.

their are 2 flat screen tv's the rest 20 year old crap 

every room has crap projectors and speakers that wond work 99% of the time its rediculas

Lots and lots of Desktops, Laptops and TVs at the office. 

Laptop in my mobile office also :)

post-1734-0-55731500-1369630544.jpg

that is an epic car :D

Secondary question how good are the I.T guys were u r coz here they suck like crazy

Nice office. You should overclock it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Nice office. You should overclock it.

lol :E

o and after we leave school we get to keep the laptop but they wipe everything

our schoolboard isn't sure what there going to do with the ipads, when we graduate we either get them for free or pay wats left (say you were at the highschool for 4 years, adding up to 400$ and the ipads 500$ so you pay the last 100$ and its yours)

our schoolboard isn't sure what there going to do with the ipads, when we graduate we either get them for free or pay wats left (say you were at the highschool for 4 years, adding up to 400$ and the ipads 500$ so you pay the last 100$ and its yours)

we pay $300 each year for 3 years and then thy wipe it. and give it to us

we pay $300 each year for 3 years and then thy wipe it. and give it to us

by then its going to be worthless O.o

by then its going to be worthless O.o

ye i know ill probs just take the ssd out and put it im my pc

How technologically savvy is my work? Well, let me put it this way: the ctrl + alt + arrow screen flip has given me YEARS of tickles.

ye i know ill probs just take the ssd out and put it im my pc

by then ssds will be larger (capacity) and cheaper xD thats like having a 20gb ide hdd nowadays

It looks like an armored car. are you with the secret service? B)

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570

It looks like an armored car. are you with the secret service? 

Nope :P

RCMP

Nope :P

RCMP

Darnit! i needed someone eliminated. hahaha!

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570