Can't get CPU holder Screws off Motherboard

Go to solution Solved by Skcorpion86,

I got them off, I used a small wrench that I had to borrow from my neighbor lol. Thanks for the help guys. I didn't think I would need extra tools haha

from the back? idk

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10592907_649335051769616_267703824626708639_n.jpg

The back plate does not have screws. The only way the back plate comes off is by taking these things off the front. IDK how they got on so tight without the help of a screwdriver. You can't use a screwdriver for this.... 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10592907_649335051769616_267703824626708639_n.jpg

The back plate does not have screws. The only way the back plate comes off is by taking these things off the front. IDK how they got on so tight without the help of a screwdriver. You can't use a screwdriver for this.... 

You use a socket wrench since it's a hex standoff. Pliers will work too.

I can't tell from the pic but there doesn't seem to be a washer separating the the standoff from the motherboard. Whoever installed it may have scratched the PCB by screwing them on so tight.

Pliers work the best.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

this backplate is on upside down.

using simple gripping tool like pliers will do the job.

be careful of twisting the standoffs sideways as the small 3mm stud is not very

sturdy and can break off.

10592907_649335051769616_267703824626708

I got them off, I used a small wrench that I had to borrow from my neighbor lol. Thanks for the help guys. I didn't think I would need extra tools haha

this backplate is on upside down.

10592907_649335051769616_267703824626708

Yea, those two notches on the bottom of the backplate are suppose to line up with the two screws from the socket plate on top.