Razer Deathadder VS. Steelseries Rival VS. Logitech G400s

I am creating a gaming setup that best fit my needs and i am stuck on which mouse to buy. I have three options Razer Deathadder,  Steelseries Rival or Logitech G400s. I have done some research on all three mice and I am impressed with all the features they offer, but I can't come to a final conclusion on which mouse to buy.

This is where the members of the linustechtips forum can help. I would like to hear your own opinion on the three different types of mice.

:)

The Deathadder 2013 has the best sensor and is widely regarded to be one of the best if not the best gaming mouse on the market right now.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Hello and welcome to the LTT forum

I would personally go the the deathadder. It has a solid build quality, wicked accurate sensor, fast as they get and feels great. :D

Hope this helps

i have a razer death adder and love it but a corsair m65 is really good too

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Out of those three I prefer the Rival myself. Has the best shape and feel of buttons. Also quite light for such a big mouse which I like. They all have a "flawless" sensor, though, so they are all good; if you can, go to a store and try them out.

Razer Deathadder! Hands down. :) There isn't any better mouse than Razer Deathadder in that price range.

"I am like ninja, but less gay" - Deadpool

Rival>G400s>Deathadder

None of them are bad mice, but the Rival is a great mouse, from a great company. The G400s is a good mouse, but the buttons are mediocre. And the Deathadder has occasional reliability issues. Some people get very little life out of there deathadders, some last forever

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The Deathadder 2013 has the best sensor and is widely regarded to be one of the best if not the best gaming mouse on the market right now.

It does not have the best sensor. Don't spread false info. The Rival has a sensor that is miles ahead of the Deathadder 2013. The G400s' sensor is a bit better, but also has some smoothing.

The best sensor atm, is in the G502. Best malfunction speed, least acceleration, no smoothing and only native DPI steps up to 12k.

To OP: 

I would advise the Logitech G402 over the G400s, and almost any mouse over the Deathadder. Trust me, I've been through A LOT of mice.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Razer Deathadder! Hands down. :) There isn't any better mouse than Razer Deathadder in that price range.

There is, Logitech G402, Zowie FK1, Mionix Naos & Avior 7000 (currently on sale) to name a few. Lots of mice that are better than the Deathadder in both sensor, shape and build quality for less money or same.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

It does not have the best sensor. Don't spread false info. The Rival has a sensor that is miles ahead of the Deathadder 2013. The G400s' sensor is a bit better, but also has some smoothing.

The best sensor atm, is in the G502. Best malfunction speed, least acceleration, no smoothing and only native DPI steps up to 12k.

To OP: 

I would advise the Logitech G402 over the G400s, and almost any mouse over the Deathadder. Trust me, I've been through A LOT of mice.

The G502 has pixel walking. It's a bit complicated to explain here but there's a thread on it at OCN.

The Avago S3988 is considered the best on the market right now, and yes, I've been through a lot of mice too. I write drivers for them and I know a lot about optics and optical sensor design.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm currently using the Logitech G400s, been using it for over half a year now with no issues. One of the main reasons I went with a Logitech mouse is because of its longer warranty compared to Razer and SteelSeries. I used to use the SteelSeries Sensei Raw, and while it was a good mouse, it had issues a month over warranty and I couldn't get a replacement. So this time I opted for something that has longer warranty and hopefully the same problem doesn't occur again.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

The G502 has pixel walking. It's a bit complicated to explain here but there's a thread on it at OCN.

The Avago S3988 is considered the best on the market right now, and yes, I've been through a lot of mice too. I write drivers for them and I know a lot about optics and optical sensor design.

I have been following that thread for a while. Almost all mice have that according to further tests. It's not an issue. It's common knowledge that people on OCN consider the 3366 to be the best sensor in a mouse.

@maxvons It's just personal opinions. I've never used better mouse than Razer Deathadder. And the shape of the mouse is personal preference. For me Razer Deathadder has best shape (for my hands). I'm currently using Naga 2014, because my Razer Deathadder 3.5G (2010) broke after over 4 years. And actually the wheel stucked, cuz of the dirty and when I tried to clean it I totally broke the mouse, which is my fault.

@maxvons It's just personal opinions. I've never used better mouse than Razer Deathadder. And the shape of the mouse is personal preference. For me Razer Deathadder has best shape (for my hands). I'm currently using Naga 2014, because my Razer Deathadder 3.5G (2010) broke after over 4 years. And actually the wheel stucked, cuz of the dirty and when I tried to clean it I totally broke the mouse, which is my fault.

Shape is 100% preference, I agree. But quality, sensor, and everything else isn't. And lots of mice deliver on areas where the Deathadder doesn't.

I think build quality of Razer Deathadder is good (better than sensei for sure). I've never used better sensor than Razer Deathadder's (Naga 2014 has worse sensor than DA 2010 tho). Razer has good distribution in eastern europe. In my country it's impossible (or hard) to find Corsair peripherals. Razer mice and mouse pads are one of the best for gaming imo. I know they are overpriced a bit like every other "gaming" brand company, but they aren't that bad.

I have been following that thread for a while. Almost all mice have that according to further tests. It's not an issue. It's common knowledge that people on OCN consider the 3366 to be the best sensor in a mouse.

Yes, but the S3988 is field tested and the shape of the DeathAdder is better in my opinion too.

The differences are truly minute, I never have any trouble whatsoever with my DeathAdder. The tracking has always been buttery smooth and I never need more than 6400 DPI anyways.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yes, but the S3988 is field tested and the shape of the DeathAdder is better in my opinion too.

The differences are truly minute, I never have any trouble whatsoever with my DeathAdder. The tracking has always been buttery smooth and I never need more than 6400 DPI anyways.

I use 800 dpi, so dpi is fine on both mice. Not that it matters. I always found the tracking on the DA 2K13 weird. It felt kinda laggy, and the difference was very noticeable when I went back to using something like a G400s, or G502 now. The DA is also the only mouse I've ever had to develop not only a double click issue with the left click, but also a really loose right click

I use 800 dpi, so dpi is fine on both mice. Not that it matters. I always found the tracking on the DA 2K13 weird. It felt kinda laggy, and the difference was very noticeable when I went back to using something like a G400s, or G502 now. The DA is also the only mouse I've ever had to develop not only a double click issue with the left click, but also a really loose right click

You heard it here first folks, anecdotal evidence is the best kind of evidence.

I've been using my DeathAdder day in and day out since it was released and it still works and even looks like the day it was bought.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I would personally suggest the ZOWIE FK1 but it is currently hard to get a hold of.  Out of those three, definitely the g400s simply because it is a long time popular choice for pc gamers and it is simple & light.