Once I get back... which case should I buy?

KemoKa

I am in Japan right now and I am thinking of what computer I am going to splurge on when I return home. It's gonna be a while (a really, really long while) so I am holding off on the specs of the processor until I get home and have enough cash to throw at Newegg for the parts. I am currently going to focus on what sort of case I should go for, and I have two that I would really like to build in. So, here is my question for you. I know that it will depend entirely upon needs and preferences, but which is better, the Fractal Design Define R4 or the Cooler Master Scout 2 Ghost? I have heard really good reviews from LTT on both of them and imho they both look flipping awesome, so... What do you guys think?

my Fractal R4 has been phenomenal so far. damn near silent

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

my Fractal R4 has been phenomenal so far. damn near silent

too bad it looks like a mini fridge 

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

too bad it looks like a mini fridge 

Not too bad, it looks badass. Totally silent and understated, just the way I like it. And going with both CM and Fractal's trend, they're both built like tanks.

Define R4 is quite common, but from what I've seen in reviews etc. it's a good case. Don't know much about CM Scout 2 Ghost...

Off topic: Where in Japan are you, how long you plan on being in there and are you just on a holiday / an exchange student / some other reason?  I'm curious.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Define R4 is quite common, but from what I've seen in reviews etc. it's a good case. Don't know much about CM Scout 2 Ghost...

Off topic: Where in Japan are you, how long you plan on being in there and are you just on a holiday / an exchange student / some other reason?  I'm curious.

Kanagawa, 8 months, exchange student, and possibly coming back soon after for college. I can kiss my old desktop goodbye.

Okay, I have to mention it. It's a very popular case. You could go for the NZXT H440.

post-14986-0-01627000-1408434099_thumb.j :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Okay, I have to mention it. It's a very popular case. You could go for the NZXT H440.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg :)

...yeah, sorry, that one doesn't really please me the way the other two do. It's a solid case but aesthetically it doesn't do it for me. look at the hinge on that sucker, it's impossible, not to mention there are no 5.25" bays and that the fans replaced by it are blocked by a huge slab of metal.

Appreciate it though :)

...yeah, sorry, that one doesn't really please me the way the other two do. It's a solid case but aesthetically it doesn't do it for me. look at the hinge on that sucker, it's impossible, not to mention there are no 5.25" bays and that the fans replaced by it are blocked by a huge slab of metal.

Appreciate it though :)

No worries. It's a subjective thing. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

If it is going to be a really really long time before you get back i would suggest waiting until then to choose a case as many better cases will be out. By the way, you are in Japan.....man look at what they have when you are ready, everything is made either there or in China. Walk around look for fans and LED lights and radiators(if you into that) and CPU coolers and cables and HDDs and SDDs.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.