What do you do with your tablet?

Arshdeep

Hey. What do you do with your tablet? Do you own a tablet? Please, I have ordered a Nexus 7 2013 and I wanna know what I can use it for, and what do you use it for? What are some good functions of it? e.g. netlfix, productivity, browsing the web or maybe LinusTech?  

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I don't even have a tablet. The closest to a tablet i own is a note 3 which i mainly use to watch youtube videos on the go. 

Android platform is for media consumption, so you can watch movies, play games, surf the web, listen to music, etc...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Hey. What do you do with your tablet? Do you own a tablet? Please, I have ordered a Nexus 7 2013 and I wanna know what I can use it for, and what do you use it for? What are some good functions of it? e.g. netlfix, productivity, browsing the web or maybe LinusTech?  

For me?  I would return it, but that's just me.

my nexus 7 is an online shopping and plex tablet only i don't even have a game installed on it

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Android platforms is for media consumption, so you can watch movies, play games, surf the web, listen to music, etc...

also the same for ios

Diamond 5 in League :)

Last time I had a tablet I used it to browse Imgur, watch netflix, youtube and twitch streams.

What happened to it? "Last Time?"

I don't even have a tablet. The closest to a tablet i own is a note 3 which i mainly use to watch youtube videos on the go. 

A Note is like a small tablet, with additional features of calling, sms/mms, and data. 

For me?  I would return it, but that's just me.

I already did once, I will not make that mistake again!

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

also the same for ios

Yep, only Android is much less restricting.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

What happened to it? "Last Time?"

I sold it so I had enough to order a GTX Titan. 

I have a Nexus 7 2013 too. I usually use it for watching YouTube when I'm too lazy to go on my PC. As well as the occasional twitch stream, netflix, watching movies via plex, going on LinusTechTips.com and other sites. Overall, Media consumption like everyone else said.

I sold it so I had enough to order a GTX Titan. 

How did you react when 780 Ti came out? 

i use my wii u to watch youtube when i poop

Lol good for you

I use my Nexus 7 2012 mainly for browsing and watching videos. I sometimes play games on it like 99 Bricks or Hill Climb Racing.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

How did you react when 780 Ti came out? 

I had the GPU 6 months before the 780 ti came out, and I didn't really care, as it has 3GB of memory, and I utilized over 5gb of the titans memory.

I broke my tablet's screen a few months back... It was a cheap ~60USD Rockchip SoC one so not too much regrets...

I used it for ebooks, mobile work, note-taking, and watching some stuff while traveling...

Also used it as a navigation assist when I was driving in unfamiliar territory once...

Sold it, best decision I made regarding my tablet.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Web browsing and YouTube but when I get the Shield Tablet I will be doing heavy gaming.

School work, browse LTT in school, randomly browse the web, maybe watch YouTube videos. It's Acer Iconia W510 10" Windows 8 tablet, which is not really mine, but I can use it however I want.

I only use the tablet when my desktop is unavailable.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I honestly don't see much use in tablets. I have a phone and a PC. That's all I need.

if-you-know-what-i-mean-mr-bean-rage-fac

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ