How to fix all problems with the Xbox One

The Xbox One console release has raised a lot of questions and during the usual Friday (May 24th) LinusTechTips Live Stream, Linus had an opinion regarding what could be done to fix all these issues. 

Here's what I want. I ripped that part from his video and put it on YouTube. I want all of you, if you agree with the statements that he said of course, to share and spread this video to your friends or on your social network of choice.(Twitter,Facebook, Google+,Reddit)

I don't want to benefit from it in any way. I don't want subs for this.You can rip it an put it on your channel if you want. Just send the viewers back over to Linus. 

http://youtu.be/uOA6pCqH8G0

I already asked for his permission so it's coo' . He said that it was common sense and it wouldn't go viral, but thing is that nowadays common sense is not so common. Besides, who knows what the hell these companies may come up with next, if we just agree to any kind of BS they throw in our face.

If you guys think this is a good idea, spread this video like wildfire. We CAN make a difference.

Update:

Suggested by Artorias

"You should add this in the thread. It's Logan from Tek Syndicate."

Nobody will be bothered , we as pc enthaustiast are like 10% of the market the other 90% doesn't care and buys it anyway ( Iphone , macbook , alienware owners you know what i'm talking bout).

Please learn to live in a world where the majoroty of people know next to nothing about computer related stuff and just want things to work. ( This is MY opinion don't take it offensive)

Interested in Business and Technology

Nobody will be bothered , we as pc enthaustiast are like 10% of the market the other 90% doesn't care and buys it anyway ( Iphone , macbook , alienware owners you know what i'm talking bout).

Please learn to live in a world where the majoroty of people know next to nothing about computer related stuff and just want things to work. ( This is MY opinion don't take it offensive)

But their are people like me, I was a console only gamer and I am moving to the PC mainly due to the problems I have with the PS4 and Xbox One such as always online, used game fees and Kinect 

But their are people like me, I was a console only gamer and I am moving to the PC mainly due to the problems I have with the PS4 and Xbox One such as always online, used game fees and Kinect 

The ammount of people like you is less then 5% ( Unfortunatally)

Interested in Business and Technology

The ammount of people like you is less then 5% ( Unfortunatally)

well no, it's more than that and it will become more than that, this is why it is important to spread the word! 

the main point is: educate people so they can make an educated choice. 

The point is their are options and people are willing to take them, xbox does not have very strong brand loyalty since they haven't been around for that long, all of my friends play mainly on the 360 and will back it up in argument but every single one of them is now leaning to the PS4 to show microsft that they don't agree with the new direction they want to take Xbox.

If you look on the internet on gaming sites polls are showing anywhere from 60 - 80% of gamers are unhappy with Xbox One and are now considering the PS4 instead , this could all change after E3 of course but only if microsoft changes first 

Im gonna show this to my cousin tomorrow and he will get rather angry lol

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

The Xbox One console release has raised a lot of questions and during the usual Friday (May 24th) LinusTechTips Live Stream, Linus had an opinion regarding what could be done to fix all these issues. 

Here's what I want. I ripped that part from his video and put it on YouTube. I want all of you, if you agree with the statements that he said of course, to share and spread this video to your friends or on your social network of choice.(Twitter,Facebook, Google+,Reddit)

I don't want to benefit from it in any way. I don't want subs for this.You can rip it an put it on your channel if you want. Just send the viewers back over to Linus. 

http://youtu.be/uOA6pCqH8G0

I already asked for his permission so it's coo' . He said that it was common sense and it wouldn't go viral, but thing is that nowadays common sense is not so common. Besides, who knows what the hell these companies may come up with next, if we just agree to any kind of BS they throw in our face.

If you guys think this is a good idea, spread this video like wildfire. We CAN make a difference.

I don't think they'd have enough time to make any massive changes without postponing the release date (which will put them at a massive disadvantage).

Not only that, but we all know that Microsoft aren't exactly the best listeners to their customers. Look at what they're doing with Windows 8.1's start menu button. It's so pointless!

Not only that, but we all know that Microsoft aren't exactly the best listeners to their customers. Look at what they're doing with Windows 8.1's start menu button. It's so pointless!

Most of the problems people have are on the software side not the hardware side, the have already backtracked on used game fees after the massively negative response(http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-used-games-no-reactivation-fee/)

a better way to fix the Xbox One's issues are:

Take the Xbox 360, update the hardware, leave the OS the same.... no issue with backwards compatibility, runs 16x faster then the 360 then and then just release the Kinect 2.0 and add updated to that. 

Character artist in the Games industry.

It's not that I'm going to buy this thing. I'm not. I don't live in the US so 70 % of the features will not work for me. EVER! SSOB has a point. We are the minority here. It's just that I'm worried about the future bullshit that may come to PC gamers as well. The reason that our voices should be louder is that we are a minority.

I was just curios to what other people would think and I thank you for your input.

Most of the problems people have are on the software side not the hardware side, the have already backtracked on used game fees after the massively negative response(http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-used-games-no-reactivation-fee/)

That is an excellent point. They have to much money invested in this thing. Failure is not an option.

Or they can just not release a console.

Team Carl

Or they can just not release a console.

That would be a way to avoid disappointment actually. :lol:

I may buy one just so i can has another piece of Microsoft Fail hardware. It will go nicely with the HD-DVD drive and the Zune HD I have. Both of which i purchased and not long after they threw in the towel!

Ive been telling people that same sentiment for over 20 years.  Its a very simple concept.  If something does not meet your standards or requirements stop freaking buying the product.  People like to complain and whine about big corporations doing this that or the other but heres the thing.  They only do those things because WE allow them too.  Stop buying things that do not meet your standards.  Stop buying things from companies that do not meet your standards.  Vote with your dollars.  It is worth more than the vote you cast on election day.  

I don't think they'd have enough time to make any massive changes without postponing the release date (which will put them at a massive disadvantage).

as long as they can promise to do it in the update later I think it can be okay aswell

as long as they can promise to do it in the update later I think it can be okay aswell

I don't think that's good enough.

I don't think that's good enough.

well they cant give give sony a big foot ahead they have to release atleast at almost the same time_and they got investors on their ass too so that cant happen the easiest way out is through an update

They could easily change the no used games, paying for Xbox Live, Kinect always on, and being online always. EASILY. They have around 5 months to do any fixes necessary, and this is all from a software perspective.

They could easily change the no used games, paying for Xbox Live, Kinect always on, and being online always. EASILY. They have around 5 months to do any fixes necessary, and this is all from a software perspective.

Aha, adding a proper start menu to Windows 8 is also easily implementable, and yet it's still not here and probably never will be natlvely.

Aha, adding a proper start menu to Windows 8 is also easily implementable, and yet it's still not here and probably never will be natlvely.

If people continue not to buy Windows 8, then Microsoft WILL bring back the Start menu in Windows 9(or in SP2 for Windows 8). Money is the key, I know people like GoodBytes love Windows 8, but why can't I have the OPTION to have it the way I WANT. If Microsoft just has Windows 8 running Metro default and all I have to do is turn something off or flip a switch and I get my old Start menu back, then why the hell not? I'd buy it in a heartbeat! But no, Microsoft is ignorant and you're probably right, they won't bring back the Start menu and they probably won't fix this console catastrophe. 

i own an alienware laptop. i bought it june of 2009, and to this day i still use it. my laptop can handle a 680m or sli 680m (with some modifications on the psu). its worth noting that my laptop was released years before 680m was even announced. and i have upgraded my cpu to a first gen core i7 and my display to led display, 1920x1200. and ill probably change my gpu again to 780m once i get enough money for it. im not the only who has done this. alienware is pricey but if u know how the laptop is constructed you would know why its priced that way. the fact that the gpu, cpu, wireless cards, ram, and audio board are not soldered on the motherboard is well worth the price point. just so you know, alienware owners are not as ignorant as u think.