Anyone else wish Far Cry stayed a Crytek title?

I for one think that if Far Cry stayed with Crytek then not only would Crytek not be broke, but the Far Cry series would probably have the maturity level of The Witcher series.

If Crytek kept Far Cry they would be more focused on PC and mature content not taken to by the "pot-head swag" detriments to society audience that Ubisoft is catering to, not saying no PC gamers are pot heads and not saying all console users are, but look at the majorities.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

and not saying all console users are

that's exactly what you're doing.

if you criticized Ubisoft for their awful PC support that's fine, but don't criticize Ubisoft because you think you're superior to other people.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I disagree. You cannot know how things would've turned out. If the FarCry Series would be excellent, or would've crashed as I believe Crysis did (1 was good, Warhead was similar, 2 and 3 were crap). You don't know if they would've made more money from it, and especially if it would be enough to keep Crytek afloat.

Yeah.....

And this tread has started to become another pc vs console fight.....

if you criticized Ubisoft for their awful PC support that's fine, but don't criticize Ubisoft because you think you're superior to other people.

Read much?

Ubisofts Far Cry caters to the drinking and drugs PARTY audience. The main plot of Far Cry 3 was about a bunch of drunk drug loving party school drop-outs and most people who bought it hate the mature Far Cry 2 in comparison.

Well, you can't deny that a huge majority of the console base are "Xxx420xYoloSw@gxBlaz31txxX".

But there's a ton of them on PC that are just as retarded, too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Read much?

read what? all you said was "i'm not saying..." right after calling people "detriments to society"

that's like saying "no offense" right after telling someone they're ugly

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

I don't think I can agree that the Far Cry series would have been better if newer games were more like FC2... That game was terrible imo...

this guy just has a superiority complex and hates when games aren't catered directly towards his tastes

read what? all you said was "i'm not saying..." right after calling people "detriments to society"

that's like saying "no offense" right after telling someone they're ugly

I didn't call console users detriments

Far Cry 3 wasn't catered to the drinking drug Party scene as much as you think. The game (according to some, and I hold the belief as well) is intentionally ridiculous. It's story is satirical of the typical male power fantasy. "Wooh I'm a rich party kid like I always wanted to be when I was younger! Oh cool, now I get to be the super bad ass hero and get all the chicks! Yes nailed that island princess lady!" 

As for it being a more mature title if it was on the PC, like the Witcher series, there's no basis for that. As much as we all like to think that the PC is somehow less dense with the annoying pot heads and wailing 13 year old's, it's not as true as we think. The Witcher series is more mature because CD Projekt RED is more mature, not because it's on PC. I've never really looked at Crytek as a "mature" company.

FC2 was one of the buggiest PoS I've ever seen. Years after it's release it still had a bug where you couldn't move out of the first area where you regain consciousness.  And why are you so worried about maturity levels? Far Cry 3 had great gameplay, if you somehow allowed the immature story to ruin what was pretty good gameplay, I don't have much hope for you.  And are you saying that Crysis was mature? It was....for the first half, and then it said ALIENS and became totally immature.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Are you even aware how Cevat yerli butchered the crysis series with Crysis 2 and 3 because how addicted he was of playing COD he turned it into an Arcade shooter which had zero charms of  the original Crysis.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

• 10 months later...

I for one think that if Far Cry stayed with Crytek then not only would Crytek not be broke, but the Far Cry series would probably have the maturity level of The Witcher series.

If Crytek kept Far Cry they would be more focused on PC and mature content not taken to by the "pot-head swag" detriments to society audience that Ubisoft is catering to, not saying no PC gamers are pot heads and not saying all console users are, but look at the majorities.

Gawd no, we saw how crysis went down the drains, i am thankful it didn't stay with them, we would never have gotten FC2, 3 and 4, i cherish the FC games ubisoft has made, thank god its not a mess like Crysis 2 was, crytek has forgotten what made Crysis 1 so great, it was about freedom of choice in an open island which they took a piss when they went multiplatform and made Crysis 2, Crysis 3 was ok, but it was still a linear game.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Since when has Crytek had a reputation for maturity? If Crytek kept Far Cry I'd expect it to have the maturity level of the Crysis series, maybe they'd even add aliens.

Since when has Crytek had a reputation for maturity? They have a reputation for mediocre games that end up being benchmarks. If Crytek kept Far Cry I'd expect it to have the maturity level of the Crysis series, maybe they'd even add aliens.

if i want maturity i will for look something else, not want to turn a game into linear garbage that made use force down their path. you can always play other games, buy FC 3 would have been FC 3 if it had stayed with crytek and i'm happy about that fact. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Since when has Crytek had a reputation for maturity? If Crytek kept Far Cry I'd expect it to have the maturity level of the Crysis series, maybe they'd even add aliens.

Having aliens doesn't mean the game is immature. Its science fiction but the characters and settings are made to be real and believable. Ubisoft's Far Cry is all about getting high and explosions.

Gawd no, we saw how crysis went down the drains, i am thankful it didn't stay with them, we would never have gotten FC2, 3 and 4, i cherish the FC games ubisoft has made, thank god its not a mess like Crysis 2 was, crytek has forgotten what made Crysis 1 so great, it was about freedom of choice in an open island which they took a piss when they went multiplatform and made Crysis 2, Crysis 3 was ok, but it was still a linear game.

Far Cry 2 was good, 3 and 4 are about potheads and explosions.

What Crysis did in 2 and 3 was continue an incredible story, true they could have gone open world like Crysis 1 but the story was still there and might not have been as well done if they focused on open world. Now in 2015 I think its completely possible for open world to have depth to the narrative but back then I don't think Crytek could have done it.

What Crysis did in 2 and 3 was continue an incredible story, true they could have gone open world like Crysis 1 but the story was still there and might not have been as well done if they focused on open world. Now in 2015 I think its completely possible for open world to have depth to the narrative but back then I don't think Crytek could have done it.

so you wanted the more of FC 2? what fun would that have been? i'd still take Crysis 1 and FC2/3 any day of the week over what crytek has now turned into making games like Ryse and crap. people need to understand this games we are talking about, if i wanted it to be mature i'd go watch a movie or something, i dont want to spend my time i play to be spent of Crysis2/Ryse type of games where there was nothing to explore, i'd like to have the freedom to things on my own like FC2/3/4.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Having aliens doesn't mean the game is immature. Its science fiction but the characters and settings are made to be real and believable. Ubisoft's Far Cry is all about getting high and explosions.

I shouldn't have joked about the aliens, they aren't the problem.

Yes, they take their characters and setting seriously. Far, far too seriously for the quality of the writing and voice acting that ties them together. I burst out laughing at the SUPER SERIOUS dialogue several times in Crysis. The visuals are nice and the shooting mechanics are decent, but I've certainly never heard anyone accuse Crysis of being "mature." Couldn't be much further in that regard from the Witcher series, really.

What's wrong with pot and explosions?

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

What's wrong with pot and explosions?

pot smells terrible and users are a detriment to the human species. The explosions are there by impossible causes just to add effect without any depth.

pot smells terrible and users are a detriment to the human species. The explosions are there by impossible causes just to add effect without any depth.

are you serious ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker