[CAN] XFX DD R9 290 - $369.99 AR + Free shipping.

Luke

http://www.ncix.com/detail/xfx-radeon-r9-290-980mhz-17-93752-1297.htm?affiliateid=7474144

Great deal for a non-reference cooler R9 290. From what i've seen this card gets better temperatures than the MSI, Gigabyte and Asus non-reference cards. 

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

1. It's technically a reference PCB that's black. All XFX DD cards are still reference PCB design.

2. It's an XFX. Don't buy it.

"Rawr XD"

1. It's technically a reference PCB that's black. All XFX DD cards are still reference PCB design.

XFX's 290 is supposed to be pretty damn good, It's been a while since they had really shitty products.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

XFX's 290 is supposed to be pretty damn good, It's been a while since they had really shitty products.

I still hear plenty of complaints about XFX video cards even with the R9's

"Rawr XD"

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? MSI and Sapphire use the reference design as well. You WANT a reference PCB design especially if you plan on overclocking. There is nothing wrong with XFX. This is coming from someone who's owned multiple products from them. Not someone that's jumped aboard a bandwagon.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Some people think XFX are literally worse than hitler. I'm sorta on that side, mainly because they haven't really proven themselves after the disaster that we call the 7000 series cards from XFX

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Some people think XFX are literally worse than hitler. I'm sorta on that side, mainly because they haven't really proven themselves after the disaster that we call the 7000 series cards from XFX

I have an Asus HD 7970 with it's "12-phase Super Alloy Power technology delivers precise digital power and enhanced durability for stable overclocking" and it's VOLTAGE LOCKED.

I'm using right now a Asus R9 280X DirectCU II TOP and it's artifacting during web browsing downclocked to 900/1400 from 1070/1600 on the latest bios that was supposed to fix artifacting.

Yet Asus is is godlike when compared to XFX (according to LTT community). Seems legit.

I have an Asus HD 7970 with it's "12-phase Super Alloy Power technology delivers precise digital power and enhanced durability for stable overclocking" and it's VOLTAGE LOCKED.

I'm using right now a Asus R9 280X DirectCU II TOP and it's artifacting during web browsing downclocked to 900/1400 from 1070/1600 on the latest bios that was supposed to fix artifacting.

Yet Asus is is godlike when compared to XFX (according to LTT community). Seems legit.

That's because asus has proved itself within this current generation. XFX is only mediocre this gen, and it was disastrous last gen, so it stands to reason why nobody likes them. Whereas ROG is absolutely dominating the market with pretty good products at the moment

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

That's because asus has proved itself within this current generation. XFX is only mediocre this gen, and it was disastrous last gen, so it stands to reason why nobody likes them. Whereas ROG is absolutely dominating the market with pretty good products at the moment

Asus has proved itself within this current generation? Am i reading this correctly? The R9 280X is the biggest disaster of a card i've ever seen. A HUGE portion of people who own it get artifacting in games or even under light load (My card is artifacting while writing this) and i can RMA the card but to what avail? Other people i've talked to RMA'd their cards just to receive one that does the same thing. 

The XFX 7950/7970 DD on the other hand ran hot.....? It made the card not worth buying over the competition but i wouldn't call that disastrous. Now onto what matters, Current generation cards. So the XFX 280x competes with the best and the XFX 290 has better temps than the Asus, Gigabyte and MSI offerings.

But the Asus R9 280X is a horribly defective artifacting piece of shit and the Asus R9 290/X in some cases runs HOTTER than the reference R9 290/X.

Asus has proved itself within this current generation? Am i reading this correctly? The R9 280X is the biggest disaster of a card i've ever seen. A HUGE portion of people who own it get artifacting in games or even under light load (My card is artifacting while writing this) and i can RMA the card but to what avail? Other people i've talked to RMA'd their cards just to receive one that does the same thing. 

The XFX 7950/7970 DD on the other hand ran hot.....? It made the card not worth buying over the competition but i wouldn't call that disastrous. Now onto what matters, Current generation cards. So the Asus R9 280X is a horribly defective artifacting piece of shit and the Asus R9 290/X in some cases runs HOTTER than the reference R9 290/X.

Those are the asus AMD cards, though. The Nvidia cards are great, imo.

And for the record the 280x is just a rebranded 7970, IE still last generation, depending on how you look at it.

And for the record the 280x is just a rebranded 7970, IE still last generation, depending on how you look at it.

Yep i know. That's why it amazes me how Asus can go from a good working card (The DC2 7970) with one massive flaw being that it was voltage locked to making revision of that exact same card that ended up 100 times worse.

I don't have anything against Asus btw, I have a ASUS Maximus III GENE and 3 graphics cards from them. I just hate bad products and Asus seems to be producing some lately. That's the only reason i'm sticking up for XFX in this situation is because the XFX 290/x is one of the good 290's and they have improved leaps and bounds when you compare the XFX 280x to XFX 7970.

Yep i know. That's why it amazes me how Asus can go from a good working card (The DC2 7970) with one massive flaw being that it was voltage locked to making revision of that exact same card that ended up 100 times worse.

They probably just don't care about the lower end of there lineup.

They probably make most of their profit from higher end components, and are trying to force you to pony up.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? MSI and Sapphire use the reference design as well. You WANT a reference PCB design especially if you plan on overclocking. There is nothing wrong with XFX. This is coming from someone who's owned multiple products from them. Not someone that's jumped aboard a bandwagon.

I said don't by XFX cause it's XFX not because it's reference design. I'm also someone who has owned multiple products from them and had issues with every single one. It's you that just assumed I'm someone who's on a bandwagon. 

"Rawr XD"

I said don't by XFX cause it's XFX not because it's reference design. I'm also someone who has owned multiple products from them and had issues with every single one. It's you that just assumed I'm someone who's on a bandwagon. 

IF you did, then you probably know that most of their graphics cards have a lifetime warranty and you don't even need to sign up for anything.. About two months ago I returned my hd 5770 and they gave me an r9 260 at no charge. Now if you don't think that is good enough just look at the reviews from people in newegg of the same graphics card in this post. 

IF you did, then you probably know that most of their graphics cards have a lifetime warranty and you don't even need to sign up for anything.. About two months ago I returned my hd 5770 and they gave me an r9 260 at no charge. Now if you don't think that is good enough just look at the reviews from people in newegg of the same graphics card in this post. 

Yes, I am aware of XFX's warranty, and I have dealt with them. However the warranty is nowhere near as quick as other companies, and I haven't actually ever had to deal with the warranty for any company, because their products don't break.

"Rawr XD"

I still hear plenty of complaints about XFX video cards even with the R9's

Just OC'ed my friend's 7850 to 1050 core 1350 memory 

doesn't go above 65C under heavy load in planetside 2. 

another friend got a 7770 ghz edition and had no issues. hardly uses any power. 

XFXes are some of the best IMO. Asus goes second. MSI third.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Was seriously considering this, but I have no need for a R9 290. There's a bunch of R9 280x's on sale and I plan to grab one.

Was seriously considering this, but I have no need for a R9 290. There's a bunch of R9 280x's on sale and I plan to grab one.

Just avoid the Asus 280x. I'm using it right now.

Yes, I am aware of XFX's warranty, and I have dealt with them. However the warranty is nowhere near as quick as other companies, and I haven't actually ever had to deal with the warranty for any company, because their products don't break.

Just to clear up some confusion real quick, I was referring to the XFX cooler not being the reference AMD cooler in my post. Maybe that's why you mentioned the XFX using the reference PCB? Either way you mentioned that and i replied saying it's a good thing. You also said XFX is bad and i replied saying there is nothing wrong with XFX.

A good product is good and a bad product is bad. Coming here saying that people shouldn't buy a good product because you think XFX is bad is ridiculous. I had bad experiences with both my Asus 7970 and 280x. It's no different than me going onto someones post about a different product from Asus that received good reviews and has no flaws and saying "Oh it's an Asus, Don't buy it".

Just to clear up some confusion real quick, I was referring to the XFX cooler not being the reference AMD cooler in my post. Maybe that's why you mentioned the XFX using the reference PCB? Either way you mentioned that and i replied saying it's a good thing. You also said XFX is bad and i replied saying there is nothing wrong with XFX.

A good product is good and a bad product is bad. Coming here saying that people shouldn't buy a good product because you think XFX is bad is ridiculous. I had bad experiences with both my Asus 7970 and 280x. It's no different than me going onto someones post about a different product from Asus that received good reviews and has no flaws and saying "Oh it's an Asus, Don't buy it".

Just avoid the Asus 280x. I'm using it right now.

"Rawr XD"

You a little slow there bud? It's a bad PRODUCT therefore i recommended against buying it.

You a little slow there bud? It's a bad PRODUCT.

I never said that XFX is a bad company. I have one of their PSU's and haven't had a problem with it. However I've had 5 of their GPUs and have had problems with every one. Again, not bandwagoning, but past regretful purchases. 

"Rawr XD"

It's an XFX. Don't buy it.

I never said that XFX is a bad company

???

???

Great deal for a non-reference cooler R9 290. 

We're talking about XFX graphics cards here.

"Rawr XD"

We're talking about XFX graphics cards here.

More specifically i'm talking about the XFX R9 290. Their old graphics cards have nothing to do with how bad/good their current products are yet that's what your basing your opinion of the XFX R9 290 being bad on despite the fact that it turned out to be a great card.