my phone got stolen, i want to freaking brick it to hell

AlexGoesHigh

thanks for the suggestions, already called my carrier so they can disconnect the line, they could have also bricked it, if i bought directly from them but since is unlocked, they want the box in order to do that, also it was a freaking moto g that i saved my money for which is why i'm freaking pissed, my data is not much of a problem now that i have at least manage to factory reset it, and i dont have nothin that much of importance stored locally, also if these shits don't manage to sell it before monday they will definitely have a freaking brick of plastic

Do you have a household contents insurance? And were you robbed or how did they steal it?

At least for Germany I know that the household contents insurance will cover the phone, if you are robbed by people, even if you are outside of your house. The only requirement is to have a police report about the phone being stolen. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

thanks for the suggestions, already called my carrier so they can disconnect the line, they could have also bricked it, if i bought directly from them but since is unlocked, they want the box in order to do that, also it was a freaking moto g that i saved my money for which is why i'm freaking pissed, my data is not much of a problem now that i have at least manage to factory reset it, and i dont have nothin that much of importance stored locally, also if these shits don't manage to sell it before monday they will definitely have a freaking brick of plastic

Luckily it wasn't a flagship phone. :)

In which country do you live and how much did it cost?

Do you have a household contents insurance? And were you robbed or how did they steal it?

At least for Germany I know that the household contents insurance will cover the phone, if you are robbed by people, even if you are outside of your house. The only requirement is to have a police report about the phone being stolen. 

the law is very different here, so idk as far as how i got robbed, well was walking to the store to buy my lunch, it's literally a block away from where i live, and i have done it several times, but the fuckers appeared on a motorcycle, the passenger gets down, threatens me, the first i was WTF is he doing, he said it again and pulls a knife, pressed against his stomach so it wasn't very visible, on that moment i froze, he searched my right pocket, grabs my phone and them they get away, going in the opposite direction of the road, all of this shit happened in like 10 seconds, first thing that came to my mind was to run to my pc and do the google thing to at least factory reset it, after that i started the thread, so i got robbed like 5 minutes before the thread was made 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

the law is very different here, so idk as far as how i got robbed, well was walking to the store to buy my lunch, it's literally a block away from where i live, and i have done it several times, but the fuckers appeared on a motorcycle, the passenger gets down, threatens me, the first i was WTF is he doing, he said it again and pulls a knife, pressed against his stomach so it wasn't very visible, on that moment i froze, he searched my right pocket, grabs my phone and them they get away, going in the opposite direction of the road, all of this shit happened in like 10 seconds, first thing that came to my mind was to run to my pc and do the google thing to at least factory reset it, after that i started the thread, so i got robbed like 5 minutes before the thread was made 

In which country do you live.

I hope that robber gets hit by a car and dies.

In which country do you live.

I hope that robber gets hit by a car and dies.

venezuela, a quick search and you find how fuck up things are here, also all of my yes to the second line, yeah that overkill for stealing crap, but when it happens to you, you literally want the guilty to fucking pay for its shit

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Did you equip it with a bomb? If not just track it and then hire a bounty hunter to take a shot.

Now that's an app I'd like to see.

Do this.

You must bust them. Track them down and make their life a living hell. (with the help of police of course)

Also what kind of phone was it?

Fuck the police, find the bastards and fuck with their house, toilet paper it, egg it, egg and key their car then pour soda all over it, put sugar in the tank, slash their tires, slash the screens on their house. Then call the police.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeah, the best you can do is call your provider and get them to block/blacklist the IMEI number. Though it's fairly trivial to reprogram a device with another IMEI number. You can try tacking it if you like, might end up with a knife in your guts when you get there for your trouble though. Police probably won't want to waste time on this kind of problem either, if your lucky they may take a statement and give you a crime number (to make you feel better). At least that's how things are done here.

Oh yes and assume that they now possess all of the data you had on the device. If it was addresses, assume that they may well come back for more.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Fuck the police, find the bastards and fuck with their house, toilet paper it, egg it, egg and key their car then pour soda all over it, put sugar in the tank, slash their tires, slash the screens on their house. Then call the police.

oh man i wish i could done that, at least your comment gave me a good laugh, seriously though, now that i have thinked i bit about it could have been worst

oh man i wish i could done that, at least your comment gave me a good laugh, seriously though, now that i have thinked i bit about it could have been worst

I'd prefer if I caught the fucker in the act, nothing like a legal ass kicking.

I'd prefer if I caught the fucker in the act, nothing like a legal ass kicking.

me too, but shit here gets done very different compared to the US, also these assholes gave me the impressions of drug addicts, so at some point they may get an overdose

me too, but shit here gets done very different compared to the US, also these assholes gave me the impressions of drug addicts, so at some point they may get an overdose

How much dollars does a new Moto G cost there?

That really sucks, I wish it was me that got robbed instead of you right now. 

I'd hand them a old ass Sony Ericsson flip phone and laugh. Either that or my tazer gun lol(75% chance I have it on me). 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

yo man if shit's like that, bring a switchblade with you everywhere you go 

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

How much dollars does a new Moto G cost there?

a rough conversion give me about 260$ so yeah :( and i only had it for a month

Nice thing about the US, every single citizen has the right to arrest anyone they see committing a crime. When the officer asks "why have they had the shit kicked out of them" I answer "They attempted to assault me when I arrested them, so I defended myself"

Maybe we could start a kickstarter for you! All donate 10 dollars or so. Would only require 26 people.

did you enter the Sony Z2 giveaway? Maybe you get lucky.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Maybe we could start a kickstarter for you! All donate 10 dollars or so. Would only require 26 people.

lol, that would ridiculous amazing if it happened xD

another thing to do is take meat and saranwrap it to their car...

So, who is gone start the kickstarter?

did you enter the Sony Z2 giveaway? Maybe you get lucky.

i did, but with over 10000 entries, that would be the mother of all lucky draws

Nice thing about the US, every single citizen has the right to arrest anyone they see committing a crime. When the officer asks "why have they had the shit kicked out of them" I answer "They attempted to assault me when I arrested them, so I defended myself"

LOL just the image: "Why haz they had tha shit kicked out of them?"

The same is not true over here. Usually it's the victim and or aid giver that will end up being prosecuted for causing harm to the criminal while they go about their act of assault.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

LOL just the image: "Why haz they had tha shit kicked out of them?"

The same is not true over here. Usually it's the victim and or aid giver that will end up being prosecuted for causing harm to the criminal while they go about their act of assault.

Its those dam lawyers man... those dam lawyers. 

Not saying lawyers are bad but those who are good at their jobs... can give the victims sides a harsh case.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

So, who is gone start the kickstarter?

How do you do that. I don't have Paypal btw.