Comfortable under $100 Headphones

JJLabrier

So I don't know if I just have a really sensitive head, but when I bought the Razer Kraken E-Panda Hooligan, I couldn't bear wearing them for more than 15 minutes. Razer Krakens are advertised on the site to be comfortable so it got me wondering how much more comfortable do headphones get? I ended up returning the Kraken, and am now looking for the most comfortable possible headphones.

Can anyone suggest some under $100?

Oh and if possible, headphones good for people with glasses would be nice too. Am I in the wrong price range with all I am asking for?

"Our conversations aint long, but you know what is." - Jason Derulo

Headset or headphones.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Look at Sennheiser models. I'm using the HD 419 version (€50), and I find it very comfortable.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

Portable? Home use?

What specifically about the krakens was uncomfortable?

Mostly home use, but I would bring them for use with my laptop on the rare occasion that I travel away for more than a day. The pressure on my head was really uncomfortable, like squeezing my head.

Headset or headphones.

It doesn't matter really. I don't necessarily need the mic coz my cam has a built in mic, but I wouldn't mind if the best option available (in terms of comfort, sound quality, and price) included one.

These are pretty good for $50...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009F4BV8C

Those do not look anymore comfortable than the Kraken.. have you tried them?

Look at Sennheiser models. I'm using the HD 419 version (€50), and I find it very comfortable.

Thanks I'll check them out. Have you ever been able to use Krakens? If so, how much more comfortable are the Sennheiser HD 419s? I imagine I need something A LOT more comfortable than the Krakens.

Mostly home use, but I would bring them for use with my laptop on the rare occasion that I travel away for more than a day. The pressure on my head was really uncomfortable, like squeezing my head.

Pioneer SE-A1000 has a very low clamping force. I thought they were extremely comfortable, and they sound great too.

Pioneer SE-A1000 has a very low clamping force. I thought they were extremely comfortable, and they sound great too.

Thanks for your replies ShearMe! Honestly those Pioneer SE-A1000s look horrible.. But! If nobody else can give me a better recommendation, aesthetics are something I'm willing to sacrifice. Thanks again!

-snip-

I haven't used them, sorry. But I can tell you this. I got a big head, and they fit comfortable on my head. I've worn them for hours. Sennheiser is a really good company, with headphones for all budgets. 

Also, they look quite good imo.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

Thanks for your replies ShearMe! Honestly those Pioneer SE-A1000s look horrible.. But! If nobody else can give me a better recommendation, aesthetics are something I'm willing to sacrifice. Thanks again!

Most people either think they look stupid or cool. I'm fairly indifferent and don't understand such polarity.

However, if you want more options, there's the Sennheiser HD 518, and Beyerdynamic DTX 910 for open. HD 439, audio-technica ATH-M20X, Philips Downtown or Uptown for closed. 

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR54

even without the pads broken in i can wear them for 5-8+ hours and they're still comfortable,

Your head might have a lot higher tolerance to the clamping pressure than mine though. Have you tried any other headphones (the Kraken in particular) that were less comfortable? I wish there was a website that measured clamping pressure of headphones.

I haven't used them, sorry. But I can tell you this. I got a big head, and they fit comfortable on my head. I've worn them for hours. Sennheiser is a really good company, with headphones for all budgets. 

Also, they look quite good imo.

Yeah I like how most Sennheisers look too. I'll check them out.

Most people either think they look stupid or cool. I'm fairly indifferent and don't understand such polarity.

However, if you want more options, there's the Sennheiser HD 518, and Beyerdynamic DTX 910 for open. HD 439, audio-technica ATH-M20X, Philips Downtown or Uptown for closed. 

Thanks! I'll check them all out.

Oh and guys, if possible, headphones good for people with glasses would be nice too. Am I in the wrong price range with all I am asking for?

Oh and guys, if possible, headphones good for people with glasses would be nice too. Am I in the wrong price range with all I am asking for?

I own glasses, Hd 439 are good for glasses. it is sorta the wrong price range. I'm very picking about clamping force tyoo. but you might have to make your budget a little higher. or be willing to replace the ear pads with something else. the ath-m40x is a good mix between sound and comfort for most but it has quite the clamping force imo, but changing the pads should fix the problem completely.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I own glasses, Hd 439 are good for glasses. it is sorta the wrong price range. I'm very picking about clamping force tyoo. but you might have to make your budget a little higher. or be willing to replace the ear pads with something else. the ath-m40x is a good mix between sound and comfort for most but it has quite the clamping force imo, but changing the pads should fix the problem completely.

Awesome! Somebody in the same boat as me! I wouldn't mind going up to the $150 range if it meets all my expectations and looks good. What would you recommend?

I wear glasses and have never had a comfort problem relating to the glasses with anything I've tried so far. Thin frames FTW?

Awesome! Somebody in the same boat as me! I wouldn't mind going up to the $150 range if it meets all my expectations and looks good. What would you recommend?

i've never had problems with sennheiser even though they aren't the most attractive headphones. but anything in the MDR line from SONY is just amazing they are soft, those mess with my glasses. I wear them for hours. sometimes 16-18 hours straight and I have no problems with them

a little over your budget, http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR10R-Hi-Res-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00F2OA3NS They should be the same fabric from the 1r's and they are honestly so amazing.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

As people have their headphones that they always recommend, I'll always have headphones that I recommend, and that of course, is the takstar hi-2050! Comfort rivaling those of my HD558s and at less than $40 on the street in the US, it's a real steal, majority of the time the RRP is between 60-70

#!

Audio Technica ATH-M40x are super comfortable and are like 96 dollars on amazon. The Sounds great with clear vocals and perfect (for me, Not bass heavy) bass.

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I decided to just not buy any coz i feel like headphones might just not be for me. I'll just stick to in-ears so I dont have to worry about clamping force. Thanks again!

So I don't know if I just have a really sensitive head, but when I bought the Razer Kraken E-Panda Hooligan, I couldn't bear wearing them for more than 15 minutes. Razer Krakens are advertised on the site to be comfortable so it got me wondering how much more comfortable do headphones get? I ended up returning the Kraken, and am now looking for the most comfortable possible headphones.

Can anyone suggest some under $100?

Oh and if possible, headphones good for people with glasses would be nice too. Am I in the wrong price range with all I am asking for?

I have glasses and i use ATH M40X,very comfortable for hours of use even with glasses audio quality is just stunning for the price.

I have glasses and i use ATH M40X,very comfortable for hours of use even with glasses audio quality is just stunning for the price.

Same here. I have no problem with my glasses and the m40x. and my glasses have pretty hard plasic on the ends where most headphones hurt

OK so I ended up just spending the big bucks and got myself the Audio Technica ATH-50X. I love it! Only complaint is that people can still hear the music I'm playing on my headphones. It doesn't bottle up the sound that well, I guess is what I'm trying to say. But other than that, everything else is outstanding!

Only complaint is that people can still hear the music I'm playing on my headphones. It doesn't bottle up the sound that well, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

So what you're saying is, you're damaging your hearing by listening too loud.