Thoughts on SanDisk Sansa Clip+

FatalityDiablo
Go to solution Solved by Askew,

I own one, very good device for the cash, tiny, charges fast, accepts microSD up to 32GB, lasts for about 10hrs of playing at a reasonable volume, good sound quality and volume on portable headphones.

I bought it as a refurb on ebay for £18.99

The clip is sturdy, I've worn it while running/in the gym for many hours and it never came off while clipped to the waist of my trousers.

Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is some owners of that particular mp3 player around and tell me about it's quality.

I go jogging quite often and I am tired of having my htc mini2 in my pocket and I am not a fan of those arm bands either.

Things I am curious about is: longevity, sound quality and battery duration.

Thanks!:)

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is some owners of that particular mp3 player around and tell me about it's quality.

I go jogging quite often and I am tired of having my htc mini2 in my pocket and I am not a fan of those arm bands either.

Thanks! :)

They're quite good, I use my phone myself, but I hear they're still nice. 

You could also have a look at the FIio X3 or X5 

Error: 410

Hi there,

Thanks! :)

It's a decent player on it's own, but install Rockbox on it and it's one hell of a tiny device

"Rawr XD"

I've owned two - the first one I gave to a coworker at my last job as a parting gift. The second is a replacement because I missed the first so much.

Can get them pretty cheap on eBay as refurbished sometimes.

It's a decent player on it's own, but install Rockbox on it and it's one hell of a tiny device

Okay thanks, I will take a look at it.

They're quite good, I use my phone myself, but I hear they're still nice. 

You could also have a look at the FIio X3 or X5 

So is it not a huge downgrade in quality? I really like the simplicity of this mp3 player and the weight+formfactor. and those Flio's are too expensive for me hehe :D might look up some reviews on them.

I own one, very good device for the cash, tiny, charges fast, accepts microSD up to 32GB, lasts for about 10hrs of playing at a reasonable volume, good sound quality and volume on portable headphones.

The clip is sturdy, I've worn it while running/in the gym for many hours and it never came off while clipped to the waist of my trousers.

I've owned two - the first one I gave to a coworker at my last job as a parting gift. The second is a replacement because I missed the first so much.

Can get them pretty cheap on eBay as refurbished sometimes.

Alright sounds good to me. Will purchase one and see how they pair with the ie80's.

Alright sounds good to me. Will purchase one and see how they pair with the ie80's.

They'll work just fine. Sansas generally don't have issues with headphone compatibility when it comes to in-ears.

"Rawr XD"

sounds like a pain without a touchscreen though, I have shitloads of lists and long as fk lists, I'm going to have to move up to a 64gb chip soon because I'm out of space on the 32 in my phone.

qq

it's funny that you liked Lightweight Heavy, I thought literally all of Jon's albums were better lol.

Error: 410

sounds like a pain without a touchscreen though, I have shitloads of lists and long as fk lists, I'm going to have to move up to a 64gb chip soon because I'm out of space on the 32 in my phone.

qq

it's funny that you liked Lightweight Heavy, I thought literally all of Jon's albums were better lol.

I liked it more because of 'Her' and 'Day', I like those 2 beats immensely.

I just shuffle enough tracks onto it for the duration of whatever I'm going to be doing and then just let it play, I don't really interact with it much apart from power on and play/pause if someone tries to speak to me.

I said it's a great device for the money, I stand by it but of course if you spend more you get more, I will upgrade it someday just not sure what to, it suits me fine ATM.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

The sound is noticeably better than my HTC One. Just wish Spotify wasn't so darn convenient.

My new clip+ does, however, make some soft electrical noises when I perform certain actions. My previous unit never did this, and it isn't a nuisance. Only hear it with IEMs when choosing what I'll fall asleep to at night.

The sound is noticeably better than my HTC One. Just wish Spotify wasn't so darn convenient.

My new clip+ does, however, make some soft electrical noises when I perform certain actions. My previous unit never did this, and it isn't a nuisance. Only hear it with IEMs when choosing what I'll fall asleep to at night.

Is this with the stock firmware?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Is this with the stock firmware?

Rockbox all da way baby. I didn't try it with stock firmware.... d'oh

Rockbox all da way baby. I didn't try it with stock firmware.... d'oh

hmmm, just making sure.  Some of the refurb units have been noted to have random issues.  The Clip Zip refurbs are really nice, or at least the one I got.

hmmm, just making sure.  Some of the refurb units have been noted to have random issues.  The Clip Zip refurbs are really nice, or at least the one I got.

My ClipZip refurb was nice too. 

Just wanted to spread the word: This little Sansa clip+ updated with rockbox makes it the best thing I have ever bought for such little money. 100% satisfaction