How do you use your notebook the right way while charging?

davidvu396

So, I always had that question: Is it healthier for the battery in the laptop to be plugged in at 100% while in use at home,

Or is it better to use it until its empty and then charge it up and continue using it while charging?

Also, will the notebook use battery power when battery is at 100% + plugged in or will it use the electricity directly from the plug?

(Sorry in advance if you have no clue what I am saying)

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Do not plug it in when the battery is 100% charged, it weakens the battery. You don't need the battery if you have a plug.

these days it doesn't really matter anymore

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Do not plug it in when the battery is 100% charged, it weakens the battery. You don't need the battery if you have a plug.

You dont need battery if you have plug? WHAT? Why I didin't knew that? :(

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

You dont need battery if you have plug? WHAT? Why I didin't knew that? :(

My older sister used to do that too. She always had the battery in even if it's plugged. Now the HP G60 is a hand-me-down to me and the battery dies in 1.5 hours. She didn't know either, so I understand it too. Just don't do it from now on.

these days it doesn't really matter anymore

It's improved a lot, but it will still affect it. I would do it, it only takes a couple seconds anyway.

The thing is, the battery in my notebook cannot be taken out.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

It's not great for it to keep it plugged in 24/7, you should probably at least use it without power every so often. That said, charging it too often can also weaken the battery (I managed to weaken an old Compaq to about 10 minutes)

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

The thing is, the battery in my notebook cannot be taken out.

I believe that most modern notebooks will automatically stop charging the battery when it's fully charged. If you're talking about the MacBook Pro listed in your sig, I'd be fairly certain that they'd include that feature. 

My old M17x that I've had for almost three years still has 0% battery wear (as reported by HWMonitor and the fact that battery life is still as good as when it was new), and I've never done any of the stuff you "should" do to prevent wear..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems