2 4K monitors and 2 r9 290 displayport issue

Hey guys,

I have 2 Samsung 4k monitors and 2 XFX r9 290's in crossfire.  My problem is that there is only one DisplayPort on the card.  using HDMI only gives me 30hz for the second monitor.  No DVI on the monitors either.  I tried a dvi to DisplayPort cable and adapter, and no go.  I tried disabling crossfire in Cataylst as well and using the other DP on the second card, and alas, also a no go.  Ideas? and will a DP splitter work for me.  If so, brand recommendations?

Cheers,

Mike  

DP splitter will either mirror the displays, or extend them and run each at 30Hz.

What's wrong with using the second monitor with HDMI at 30Hz? You're not gaming on it so it shouldn't really matter.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm not sure but i don't think it's really good to use 2 4k monitors, i mean your GPU's are great but 2x 4k requires ALOT of computing power and i don't think gaming is gonna go well.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

DisplayPort only has enough bandwidth for one 4K display at 60Hz, so even an MST hub won't help you here.  Only DisplayPort can output into a DisplayPort input, DVI and HDMI controllers are not capable of outputting DP signals whereas DP controllers can output DVI and HDMI signals, so DVI/HDMI to DP cables will only work in one direction.  You will need another DP output to drive that second monitor.

Good posts, but i already own this hardware, so I guess im stuck with hdmi...also dashes my hopes of a 3rd 4k monitor...