Would Turtle Beach X12's benefit from a sound card?

GlobalCorey

Well Linus has convinced me to get a dedicated sound card for my system but I would like to know (given if you have ever used them), would Turtle Beach X12's benefit from lets say an Asus Xonar DX 7.1 sound card or would it just be better to upgrade my headset to match the quality the sound card can output?

Field agent from the Ministry of Stop It. Now stop it!

It will improve the quality, but you will be limited by the headset. If you got very high end headphones you would be able to tell the difference greater, but i think you would still hear a difference. Whether it's worth it just for that headset, i'm not so sure.

It's probably not worth the cost. As long as you don't have any problems with distortions, better speakers/headphones are far more important than things like a soundcard or an amplifier.

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

A cheaper soundcard maybe, but for the price of a Xonar DX 7.1 I wouldn't be surprised if headphones (headphones, not a headset), would be a better investment.

No the Turtle Beach X12's will not benefit because it interfaces the computer with a usb connection which allows it bypass your sound card and use its own sound processing.

My X12's sounded so amazing after I got my Asus Xonar DGx Sound Card! The headphone amp makes them way louder and the virtual 7.1 surround is really good and sounds great!

System Specs: AMD FX-8350, Coolermaster Hyper TX3 cooler, 8 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 ram, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, ASUS Xonar DGX sounds card, ASUS wireless card, Corsair GS700 power supply, NZXT Hue, NZXT Phantom 630 black, and an ASUS Matrix 580 gpu.

No the Turtle Beach X12's will not benefit because it interfaces the computer with a usb connection which allows it bypass your sound card and use its own sound processing.

This^^^^^^^^