Video artifact ( just 1!)

Complexed

For around a year or so now ive had a constant horizontal tear on the lower section of my samsung monitor ( 1080p 60hz 24") Its connected via DVI to a 5850. Its not terrible its just starting to get on my nerves especially in games having this one constant tear. I have tried different drivers and different game configurations Its still a constant ongoing issue even during movies and such.  Are DVI cables known to do this over time? Is the monitor slowly going bad ( its about 5 years old now) Or is my Video Card kicking the bucket... Im thinking its in the Cable but was looking for more input before I bought an unnecessary cable. Thank you for your time 

For around a year or so now ive had a constant horizontal tear on the lower section of my samsung monitor ( 1080p 60hz 24") Its connected via DVI to a 5850. Its not terrible its just starting to get on my nerves especially in games having this one constant tear. I have tried different drivers and different game configurations Its still a constant ongoing issue even during movies and such.  Are DVI cables known to do this over time? Is the monitor slowly going bad ( its about 5 years old now) Or is my Video Card kicking the bucket... Im thinking its in the Cable but was looking for more input before I bought an unnecessary cable. Thank you for your time 

Try another tv or monitor

Or another cable 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I would of done that if I had either of the two =/ Everyone I know is stuck on hdmi or vga. If it helps with a diagnosis I have another display hooked up on the hdmi of the card with no issues on that screen? I might be reaching with the question . 

If it helps with a diagnosis I have another display hooked up on the hdmi of the card with no issues on that screen

Does your dvi-connected monitor have a hdmi input? If so, switch the dvi for hdmi and see if the tear is still there. If it is, then it's 87.2% likely to be a monitor problem note: number pulled out of my ass

Home is where the heart my desktop is.