Gigabyte X99 SOC Force Motherboard Unveiled- Fitted With OC Panel

X1XNobleX1X

Gigabyte has unveiled their X99 SOC Force motherboard which is the second motherboard they have previewed this month and a part of their upcoming X99 product lineup. We got to see Gigabyte’s X99 Gaming G1 WiFi board last week which is an enthusiast oriented gaming board while X99 SOC Force keeps things focused towards high-end overclockers with a variety of tools and features.Gigabyte-X99-SOC-Force-Motherboard-635x4

Gigabyte X99 SOC Force Motherboard Unveiled – Flagship OC Board

The Gigabyte X99 SOC Force is the flagship overclocking motherboard of Gigabyte’s lineup featuring the ATX design form factor and keeping things geared up for the performance enthusiasts. It features the orange/black color scheme from previous iteration of SOC and OC branded products such as the recent, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force motherboard. The Gigabyte X99 SOC Force motherboard features three sets of heatsinks, one fitted above the PWM section, one along side the power section near the I/O panel and the biggest chunk featured on the X99 Express PCH. The heatsinks are connected via a long heatpipe that dissipates heat for better thermal load management.

Gigabyte’s X99 SOC Force motherboard features the LGA 2011-3 socket which will be able to support Intel’s next generation Haswell-E processors with quad channel DDR4 memory controller. The Haswell-E lineup is launching on 29th August 2014 so you better start saving money for this bad boy if you want a piece of it since it’ll not be retailing at the price of its mainstream-performance Z97 platform equivalent. The Z97 SOC Force retails at a price of $209.99 US so this could easily fall in the $300+ US range considering its design and features. It looks like the motherboard features a 6 Phase PWM design powered by a single 8-Pin EPS connector while the board itself is powered by a 24-Pin connector. The board makes use of Gigabyte’s Ultra Durable design featuring high-quality components.

Gigabyte has featured their Ultra Durable design across their X99 motherboards which make use of the industry leading PowIRstage controllers from International Rectifier. These 100% digital controllers offer enhanced precision in delivering power to the motherboard’s power hungry and energy sensitive components. The PowerIR stage ICs used on the Gigabyte X99 SOC Force have the highest rating of 40A with lower losses, excellent thermal management and higher efficiency. The new DirectFET technology helps save motherboard space and less electrical leakage as compared to MCM packages (Multi-Chip Module). In addition to that, Gigabyte’s X99 SOC Force is also the first HEDT motherboard to make use of the OC panel which is of great use to overclockers and offers several components along the side of the motherboard for easier manageent, some of the features of the OC panel include:

• OC PCIe Swtich (Manually turn on or off each installed PCIe lane of the motherboard).
  • OC DIMM Switch (Manually turn on or off each channel of installed memory DIMM)
  • OC Brace (It allows extreme overclockers and system testers to safely install upto four graphics cards in an open case or test bed without risking PCIe slot damage)
  • OC Ignition (Maintains power to your motherboard and connected components while the system is shut down. This means that the system fans will continue to provide airflow in cold bug situations, while i-ram drive users will not lose installed data. It allows users to also test water cooling setups and allows case mod demonstrations without having to turn on the PC).
  • OC Tag (Load your customized settings at the touch of a button)
  • OC Turbo (One touch overclocking button automatically loads the most optimized Gigabyte overclocking configuration for your processor and memory)
  • OC Connect (Positions two USB connectors on the near side of the motherboard facing the overclocker. This makes it easier to save date, flash the BIOS or install software in open bench testing platforms.)
  • OC PEG (Adds Auxiliary power to the PCIe slots of your motherboard, improving system stability in extreme configurations.)
  • OC Gear BCLK Steppings
  • Power Button
  • 80 Port Debug Display
  • CPU Ratio +/- Buttons
  • BCKL Ration +/- Buttons
  • Restart Switch
  • Gigabyte Memory Safe (Reduces DDR4 module timing to eliminate memory comparability issues)
  • Direct To BIOS Switch (Enter BIOS menu instantly after reboot without hitting the ‘DEL’ button)
  • Gigabyte Settings Lock (Automatically remember your last successful settings, even after clearing CMOS)
  • Single BIOS Mode Switch (User can select which BIOS they want to use.)
  • Dual BIOS Switch (Enable or Disable Gigabyte DualBIOS)
  • OC Trigger Switch (Jump between low and extremely high frequencies in an instant).
  • Onboard Voltage Measurement Module
  • Clear CMOS (Clear CMOS settings without losing your pre-configured profiles)

Eight DDR4 DIMM slots can be found along the sides of the socket which are able to support high-frequency DDR4 memory sticks. For storage, the X99 SOC Force features 9 SATA 6GBps ports and two SATA Express ports. There’s a PEG power connector on the top of these SATA ports while a single USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports rest beneath the PCH heatsink. Expansion slots include four PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots with full support for 4-Way SLI and CrossFireX Multi-GPU functionality. There’s also three PCI-e 3.0 x1 slots and a single M.2 SSD interface for high-performance NGFF SSDs. The AMP-UP audio design can be seen configured along a orange line which shows the isolated PCB when the audio components are featured. We don’t know the exact details regarding the I/O panel but we will get to know more about the X99 SOC Force motherboard in a short while so stay tuned for Haswell-E.

Source: http://wccftech.com/gigabyte-x99-soc-force-motherboard-unveiled-flagship-oc-board-fitted-oc-panel/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this is a repost, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about this motherboard.

This board is great, even though I would probably be picking up the Asus Rampage V Extreme, this is still a nice board. It's nice to see 4 way SLI which most of the boards that have been shown off don't have (only up to 3 way Sli).

Please comment down below your opinion on this board.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

more wfcctech crap...

PS. OC panel is made by asus and is a proprietary device. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/OC_Panel/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Looks pretty real to me. Sexyness.

Can't wait until I have the money to build an lga 2011 rig.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I really doubt anyone fabricated a picture like that.

I don't think it's fake, I just think that whatever they said about the OC panel is probably not true since I'm pretty sure ASUS has already patented it, or at least has a trademark on the name.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

OK this teasing crap is starting to wear me out. Come out with the platform already damn it lol :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

@Askew

WCCF

back to topic

Orange and Black build will match this board

but ew 

not my taste

Asus has the ROG Front Base and the OC Panel

but they are not patented 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The relocation of the PEG from the middle of the board to the edge is a feature that will be treasured by many generations.

It sorta sucks that despite my hours of cable management obsessiveness, I still have a big ugly cable crossing over top my GPUs.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

@Askew

WCCF

back to topic

Orange and Black build will match this board

but ew 

not my taste

Asus has the ROG Front Base and the OC Panel

but they are not patented 

Don't forget purple, orange and purple compliment each other.

The relocation of the PEG from the middle of the board to the edge is a feature that will be treasured by many generations.

It sorta sucks that despite my hours of cable management obsessiveness, I still have a big ugly cable crossing over top my GPUs.

I've been seeking a solution to that for-fucking-EVER. There has to be a better way.

I've been seeking a solution to that for-fucking-EVER. There has to be a better way.

It's probably the biggest technological fuckup since prescott.

Best solution: upgrade my less than year old build to a x99 soc. ugh. At least I don't have a windowed case - yet.... Back to school sale on graphite 730t? Praying for it.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

It's probably the biggest technological fuckup since prescott.

Best solution: upgrade my less than year old build to a z99 soc.

Wait, do 2011 boards not need the GPU power cable?

if so *mind blown*

Wait, do 2011 boards not need the GPU power cable?

if so *mind blown*

Of course they do.

If you didn't have the AUX power for GPU's you would probably burn out your 24 pin connector. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Of course they do.

If you didn't have the AUX power for GPU's you would probably burn out your 24 pin connector. 

Was just discussing that with Mooseducks86. I know almost nothing about the lga 2011 socket.

Why can't we have some good blue/black x99, z99 or h99 teaser motherboards?!! God dammit.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Why can't we have some good blue/black x99, z99 or h99 teaser motherboards?!! God dammit.

Looking at you ASUS!

I really hope you have got rid of the gold. 

Hmm what a beast... I like the black and orange theme.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Don't forget purple, orange and purple compliment each other.

Orange and blue* Yellow and purple are compliments.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Looking at you ASUS!

I really hope you have got rid of the gold. 

Asrock already has one. It's buried somewhere in this forum.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Orange and blue* Yellow and purple are compliments.

Damnit your right. Still, when will someone make a purple motherboard? :P

I still think orange and purple look better together than orange and blue, but thats because I hate the color blue.

Damnit your right. Still, when will someone make a purple motherboard? :P

I still think orange and purple look better together than orange and blue, but thats because I hate the color blue.

The last one I recall was a limited edition EVGA (maybe sapphire) one from the early early 2000s.

I really doubt anyone fabricated a picture like that.

You shoud sometimes visit my WCCF threads, I need some defend:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

There's no Z99 or H99 series chipset. There's only Z97/H97/B85 for mainstream and X99 for HEDT platform. The next replacement mainstream chip is the 100-series (Z170).