I'm a new PC Gamer and need game suggestions

DSimo14545

I'm just getting into PC gaming and would love to know what free to play games you guys recommend. I've already got my eye on planetside 2, heroes and generals, team fortress 2, and I think the dayz standalone is free..I dont know.I also really like strategies. Anyways any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Modded Skyrim!!!!

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

At the moment i'm just looking at free to play until I can buy games when I can get additional funds

@DSimo14545  DayZ Standalone is not free. Try Dota 2 or League of Legends?  If you are looking for strategy, I can't recommend Hearthstone enough.

I should be studying.

I'm just getting into PC gaming and would love to know what free to play games you guys recommend. I've already got my eye on planetside 2, heroes and generals, team fortress 2, and I think the dayz standalone is free..I dont know.I also really like strategies. Anyways any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've been playing Unturned on Steam. It's a fun, addictive, simple zombie survival game :).

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I've been playing Unturned on Steam. It's a fun, addictive, simple zombie survival game :).

Oh ya I saw ign playing that thanks for reminding me of that one. It's free to play at the moment right?

Planetside 2

Path of Exile if you want a game just like the good old Diablo 2.

Warframe is also quite fun.

Also,for an RTS I suggest Command and Conquer 3.Not free though,but really good.Also,you might want to get the DLC to understand the entire story.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Path of Exile, Planetside 2, and Warthunder are three great, high quality Free to Play games I recommend a lot.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hitman Absolution, Unturned, Skyrim, World of Tanks, Left 4 Dead 2, Garrys Mod, Crysis 1-3 (I liked the third the most), Rift.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If you're looking for something to play for free, I think EA still provides you with some free gameplay time on Battlefield 4.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Oh ya I saw ign playing that thanks for reminding me of that one. It's free to play at the moment right?

Yes, it is :). Watch your back though, once you die you lose everything you've collected. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

World of tanks and world of warplanes are a lot of fun

Warframe, Tera & Hawken are the only free to play games I have played and enjoyed.
I hear World Of Tanks is pretty good too

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

Civilization 5

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Witcher 1 and 2 are great RPG's with beautiful worlds :D

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Free:

League of Legends

Hearthstone

Dota 2

Team Fortress 2

Tera

Pay:

Both the Witchers

Borderlands 1 and 2

Bioshock

Xcom Enemy Unkown

Sid Meiers Civilization V ( I LOVE THIS GAME)

Starcraft 2

Guild Wars 2

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (if that community is even still alive)

Dark souls (#1 is better in my opinion, but 2 was still great)

If you have 3-4 friends who enjoy PC games Magicka is literally a blast

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

Battefield

CS:GO

Planetside 2

War Thunder

Garry's Mod

Skyrim

Dota 2

Team Fortress 2

Portal 2

Half-Life 2 and other Episodes

ARMA 2 and 3

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Me and my friends just started playing Unturned its really fun and in like pre-alpha so there is a lot to be done and more to expand. its a free indie game on steam deved by only 1 guys.

Just Cause 2

PlanetSide 2

Sniper Elite V2 is fun too

and warframe is fun for awhile too

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

WoW for free, i think its like an demo/trial that is limited to level 20 but as long as you want playtime.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

Get Unturned, it's a really addicting zombie-survival game. It it currently in the alpha dev stage, though.