Best headphones under $100usd for music listening.

Gung Pow Chicken

My cousins birthday is Friday and he seems to listen to a lot of music through these cheap skull candy headphones. What are the best headphones for under $100usd, strictly listening to music. Thanks

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

audio technica ath-m50

They're $115 on amazon last I checked. They've been rated some of the best headphones by lifehacker, gizmodo, and endgadget at separate times throughout 2012-now.

Worth it to spend $15 extra to get something so highly rated.

audio technica ath-m50

They're $115 on amazon last I checked. They've been rated some of the best headphones by lifehacker, gizmodo, and endgadget at separate times throughout 2012-now.

Oh my fuck.

OP, consider Sennheieser HD 518. Maybe Shure 440 for that closed headphone experience. Sennheiser 439 wouldn't be bad if you like a bit more bass.

audio technica ath-m50

Yea, I've been looking at reviews for those for the last hour lol

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Oh my fuck.

OP, consider Sennheieser HD 518. Maybe Shure 440 for that closed headphone experience. Sennheiser 439 wouldn't be bad if you like a bit more bass.

He listens to a lot of dubstep, I don't know if he really cares about bass. But I don't really want to ask either lol

He listens to a lot of dubstep, I don't know if he really cares about bass. But I don't really want to ask either lol

Well, yeah, the genre is generally good to know. Forgot to mention the ATH M40x, it's what people should be recommending and buying now over the M50. It's basically the same phone but for cheaper and with a removable cable.

SMS Audio Street by 50 Star Wars headphones are great.

Lol dude

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

To bad its a shit joke that he is pulling, because he is a troll that thinks he is the funniest thing ever. 

They are a legitimately ass headphone. 

It worse than ass... 

Ot: ath-m40x is a good choice.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It worse than ass... 

Ot: ath-m40x is a good choice.

Utterly anus. 

SRH440's too. 

I'll sum up what people are saying: M40x, Shr440, Hd518.

Don't forget SMS Audio Street by 50 Star Wars...

go shitpost in off topic or something please.

@OP, SRH440, HD518, M40x.  Maybe dt770's if you're alright with buying used, or fostex t50rp if you buy them used.  If you get t50rp's and buy the $20 mod kit they improve a lot.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Does he want them for portable use? Or just home?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Does he want them for portable use? Or just home?

I would say both, he goes out bicycling a lot

Well thanks everyone I think I will get him the audio technica ath-m40x

Thinking of getting those myself.  :)

They have a nice four star rating on Amazon!

Well thanks everyone I think I will get him the audio technica ath-m40x

Hope he's happy with them, I'm thinking of getting a headphone for a friend too.

go shitpost in off topic or something please.

ur mean!

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I would say both, he goes out bicycling a lot

I don't really recommend over ears for biking especially because you need to hear cars around you. I used to bike with 1 iem in but I wouldn't really recommend that either haha. Sony MDR 7506 is another option for under $100. 

What about the Sennheiser HD280s? I see good reviews for those and they're in the same price range.

What about the Sennheiser HD280s? I see good reviews for those and they're in the same price range.

They aren't the most comfortable thing in the world, but they sound good enough.

M40x are pretty comfortable.