Should I wait for the 800 series?

Hey guys, Dorito King here.
I'm just caught in a predicament, I have my build that I am planning on going with and I am not a very patient person but the 800 series is coming in the next few weeks/months and I need to reassurance on what I should do? Should I A. Buy my build that I currently have made (Not happy on the colour scheme/parts that much), B. Wait out the long painful weeks of patiently praying for the 800 series to come and the colour scheme and parts list I want (Green/Black Classic Nvidia) or C. Didn't actually think of a C but scrap both ideas and go with something that you guys think? Also with the build I have, I am planning swap out the i5 4690k for some sort of i7 as I am going to be doing recording, rendering/graphics design, could you recommend an i7? I'll provide a link to my current build below.

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/dwQWzy

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($272.00 @ CPL Online) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($195.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($103.00 @ Centre Com) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.00 @ Centre Com) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card  ($499.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($119.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.00 @ CPL Online) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($115.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $1648.00

i is confoosed, halp.
help-me.gif

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

nope, its never worth waiting unless its 2 weeks, technology moves to fast to wait for something.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

What's your current rig? (your profile didn't help much)

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Yes wait for it it gets released this year.

EDIT: GPU Wise its always worth the wait, you can find everything else just as good now, ram/cpu's/ssd's doesnt matter this gen or next, but GPU matters until we get reviews of official cards we have no idea what you might miss on.But then im impatient person too prolly most impatient,but i learned in years of building pc's if its around the corner wait for it then upgrade.Its better to wait rather than regret purchase :)

Edited by deviant88

Just wait for Gamescom in a few days, if nothing is revealed then just get a 290 or 780.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

i vote wait 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

What's your current rig? (your profile didn't help much)

You silly man, I posted specs and the PCPP link in my post!

Yes wait for it it gets released this year.

EDIT: GPU Wise its always worth the wait, you can find everything else just as good now, ram/cpu's/ssd's doesnt matter this gen or next, but GPU matters until we get reviews of official cards we have no idea what you might miss on.But then im impatient person too prolly most impatient,but i learned in years of building pc's if its around the corner wait for it then upgrade.Its better to wait rather than regret purchase  :)

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to wait, I would be kicking myself if I didn't :)

i vote wait 

Thanks for your reply :)

Just wait for Gamescom in a few days, if nothing is revealed then just get a 290 or 780.

Didn't even know it was on! I assume Nvidia will be coming but thanks for the comment.

Your current rig is fine. Save your money and wait a year or two before considering upgrading anything.

Thanks for your reply as well slightly distorted train!

nope, its never worth waiting unless its 2 weeks, technology moves to fast to wait for something.

Thanks for the comment, appreciate it.

hardware doesnt get revealed at gamescom (except consoles)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

You silly man, I posted specs and the PCPP link in my post!

Oh, I thought you posted the build you want to switch to, nvm.

In that case I'd wait for a 800.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

good to know, cheers.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Oh, I thought you posted the build you want to switch to, nvm.

In that case I'd wait for a 800.

Oh sorry for the misleading information, thanks anyway :)

Oh that's unfortunate.

I'd wait for the sole reason of prices dropping on the 780 ti. That's what I'm doing, I can assure you that nothing will wow you and pretty much the first cards will either match or be lower performance than the 780 Ti. So get that when it crashes in price after the 800 release

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue