R9 270x (Sapphire Dual-X OC) Questions

Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

Thank you for the welcome and for the tips, 

what about the memory? is1 1560 ok/quite good or should i keep testing with it?

Bumping it up will increase memory bandwidth, but also increase heat coming from the memory. Stick with the GPU overclocking itself, and bump up the memory by 50MHz or so.

Even though the R9 270X Dual-X from sapphire comes Pre-Oced, i would like to know if anybody oced it a bit more, their clocks and temperatures, mines is actually at 1160/1560 65 °C on load.

I accept tips :~)

Even though the R9 270X Dual-X from sapphire comes Pre-Oced, i would like to know if anybody oced it a bit more, their clocks and temperatures, mines is actually at 1160/1560 65 °C on load.

I accept tips :~)

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips!

1160 on the core is already quite high. It's up there with the user-overclocked 270X's. Overclockability will depend on the card though, so just keep turning it up by 50MHz and test in game to see how far you can get with a stable OC. Good luck!

"Rawr XD"

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips!

1160 on the core is already quite high. It's up there with the user-overclocked 270X's. Overclockability will depend on the card though, so just keep turning it up by 50MHz and test in game to see how far you can get with a stable OC. Good luck!

Bumping it up will increase memory bandwidth, but also increase heat coming from the memory. Stick with the GPU overclocking itself, and bump up the memory by 50MHz or so.

"Rawr XD"