Why are camcorders frowned upon?

Been searching around this forum for camcorder threads (since I'm thinking of getting one) and I always see people recommending against a camcorder. For around 200 bucks, what should I get that can record 1080p video and has decent video quality?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Camcorders are fine, just most phones can do the same stuff just without the optical Zoom. And most camcorders have bigger sensors.

http://store.sony.com/full-hd-60p-camcorder-zid27-HDRCX240//cat-27-catid-handycam-casual-shooting?vva_ColorCode=BC005&_t=pfm%3Dcategory (Now on sale for $200)

But for $200, thats a hard price range, Canon makes some good ones in the $1000+ range though.

The cheap camcorders are no good at all, so that could be why the negative comments. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Camcorders are fine, just most phones can do the same stuff just without the optical Zoom. And most camcorders have bigger sensors.

http://store.sony.com/full-hd-60p-camcorder-zid27-HDRCX240//cat-27-catid-handycam-casual-shooting?vva_ColorCode=BC005&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

But for $200, thats a hard price range, Canon makes some good ones in the $1000+ range though.

Yeah I was about to ask actually. I mean my Nexus 5 can already record 1080p video. It's just without zoom. So I was wondering if there's a dedicated site in showing video quality of cameras?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Yeah I was about to ask actually. I mean my Nexus 5 can already record 1080p video. It's just without zoom. So I was wondering if there's a dedicated site in showing video quality of cameras?

And because the sensors are big, they can reduce camera shake, and their low light performance is much better. 

I have the Sony 4K camcorder. It's pretty nice, shoots at 60 FPS too. Unfortunately I have noticed certain colors to be a bit inaccurate.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I have the Sony 4K camcorder. It's pretty nice, shoots at 60 FPS too. Unfortunately I have noticed certain colors to be a bit inaccurate.

The AX1 has a pretty shitty sensor actually, Sony went cheap on that one. And their 4K processor is custom, so it has some issues.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ