"New Nexus 9 leak points to 64-bit Nvidia Tegra K1, 4GB of RAM, and 2560×1600 screen"

TopWargamer

Would dive all over this if it was a cheep as previous Nexus devices

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

4 GB of RAM is very unlikely. What's the point? To show that the 64-bit processor can address it all? That's a very expensive way of doing that.

Also when did they port Android to 64-bits?

They moved it in L when ART became the default runtime. There were some other impressive additions in terms of performance as well.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

This is gonna be expensive as fuck, and the resolution is just stupid.

Yay the resolution hype train is here. People saying stupid comments like these just to be cool. For a tablet this resolution is more than acceptable

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

So now phones and tablets and even some laptops are getting higher resolutions then most normal priced monitors.....

Other then that I really like the Tegra K1, it is one hell of a processor I'd love to see how this tablet turns out.

That has a lot to do with scaling pixel density on larger screens. With these smaller ones there are less defects per panel and more panels can be cut from a batch. In time the manufacturing processes will work their bugs out.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

good lord what is this font

With regard to the Nexus 9, I wonder if it could be roughly based on the upcoming Shield tablet for the OEM, but with some components swapped out similar to how the Nexus 5 is based on the LG G2.

Yeah I know right. Why do people use different fonts? It looks unnatural.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Yeah I know right. Why do people use different fonts? It looks unnatural.

No idea, there's only a few people on the forum who do it, I've added all of them to ignore now lol I give them a week or so to see if it's permanent then I don't read their posts anymore.

One interesting thought: Wouldn't this chip consumer an enormous amount of power for a mobile chip.

the K1's gpu is already quite power demanding, and now we are throwing in some pretty large cpu cores on the die as well (even larger than cyclone cores which were already pretty ridiculous), all on a 28nm process. The battery is going to take a beating.

Excellent! I'm planning on a new tablet so I think I will wait for more news on this.

Sorry for reposting this, before I started the thread I searched it and there was nothing... @TopWargamer must've typed faster than me.

And in my thread @Freaky_spider I accidentally said iPhone 5S instead of iPad Air. They both have 1GB ram though