How to install OS with USB & other question

MattTheMayor

First question. How do I install install Windows 7 with a USB? Is it possible on a fresh new build that has absolutely nothing on it? I'm trying to save some money as much as I can. So I'm trying to take out my optical drive since I'll probably be using it for installing Windows.

Second question. can I transfer my Windows 7 from my HP laptop to the rig? I looked over here and they said that pre-builts mostly have a key that doesn't work on other motherboards or something. Again, I'm trying to save money. I don't want Windows 8 as most of you will probably say to get it at G2A.com so that's not a choice.

Thanks!

There's 50-50 change that prebuilt OEM key will work with new build. I'm still waiting to someone that has actually done it to post and say it works. For even try it, you need to deactivate key on laptop and you might need to call Microsoft and ask for activation on new hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

if you have the windows ISO image you can use Rufus ISO to usb and then it will create a fully bootable USB image for you on your thumb drive! Quick and easy!

Computer Programming Nerd Guy + Computer Support @ Red Tree IT