Google enforces music copyright on Twitch

Twitch recently made the move to copyright music, As they partnered with Audible Magic. They say this move is to prevent storage of copyrighted "audio" you can read article here on the offical Twitch blog http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/

Starting today, Twitch will be implementing technology intended to help broadcasters avoid the storage of videos containing unauthorized third-party audio.  We respect the rights of copyright owners, and are voluntarily undertaking this effort to help protect both our broadcasters and copyright owners.

This will only affect VODs, not live streams.  If the 30 minute "Block" contains Copyrighted "audio" then a red bar will appear in the progress bar, It scans in 30 minute blocks if a copyrighted sound is found within those 30 minutes that entire 30 minutes is muted, as it works in 30 minutes block if no copyrighted sounds are found in the other blocks that block will not be muted   

The Audible Magic technology will scan for third party music in 30 minute blocks — if Audible Magic does not detect its clients’ music, that portion of the VOD will not be muted. If third party audio is detected anywhere in the 30-minute scanned block, the entire 30 minutes will be muted. 

Audio Recognition will only be run against audio in VODs. We are not scanning live broadcasts and there is no automated takedown of live content.

This is my first "news" post so please if there is any other info I should be including please do tell me or shout at me. 

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Twitch recently made the move to copyright music, As they partnered with Audible Magic. They say this move is to prevent storage of copyrighted "audio" you can read article here on the offical Twitch blog http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/

This will only affect VODs, not live streams.  If the 30 minute "Block" contains Copyrighted "audio" then a red bar will appear in the progress bar, It scans in 30 minute blocks if a copyrighted sound is found within those 30 minutes that entire 30 minutes is muted, as it works in 30 minutes block if no copyrighted sounds are found in the other blocks that block will not be muted   

This is my first "news" post so please if there is any other info I should be including please do tell me or shout at me. 

Not to be that guy, but you're roughly two days late, we had a torrent of posts about this.

By the way news posts go in the Tech News subforum.

Error: 410

Not to be that guy, but you're roughly two days late, we had a torrent of posts about this.

By the way news posts go in the Tech News subforum.

read the tag :)

Also I am ready for a account deactivation/ban :D

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Hopefully this doesn't affect in game music. 

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

Althought it might be(most likely) a sign Google has acquired twitch,but it`s still a rumor.It could be that twitch is growing so fast that they don`t want to suffer from legal problems regarding DMCA and copyright in general.

P.S. Twitch has stated this only effect V.O.D and will have a appeal button/option on muted V.O.D.

No...

Song requests are ruined.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7 4790k | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 (will get 880) | MoBo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | Keyboard: Razer Anansi | Drives: SanDisk 120GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM HDD

its sad yes, but now there is a hole to be filled for a new website. theres no reason to get attached to a company, in fact there are many reasons why you shouldn't. instead, support the platform that is the most open and free, and abandon them when they are no longer the most open and free. that way, you support the content creators, and not those that feed off them.

think about it, and you will understand why this is a good thing, even if it is a never-ending cycle.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR