"Amazon knocking $20 or more off Chromebooks in back-to-school promotion"

TopWargamer

Found on: http://www.androidcentral.com/amazon-knocking-20-or-more-chromebooks-back-school-promotion

Deals page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_159950_121930900_pe_ecg/?node=9754403011&tag=androidcentralb-20&m1k=d_ac

The prices aren't bad, but I personally find Chromebooks kind of useless. If you get one, I say load a Linux distro onto it. But either way, here are the deals...

(Not all deals are shown. Click on the deals page.)

2aa82394c8.jpg

COMIC SANS

Because that's what every student is looking to get for school.

A Chromebook.

I have only had two friends who wanted to go ahead and use Google Docs. Other than that for collaborative document-based projects I've always been the one to bring it up. Even in a CS class we were using a CIFS server and MS Word for the first few major assignments and only one person would be able to edit a document at a time and boy did that get frustrating. So I don't see Chromebooks being successful in the near future.... At all.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

At first I thought they were selling them for 20 bucks and was like awesome. That's the price I would pay the most for them anyway.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I used a Chromebook and it was useful. Then I got a surface and that was useful. Then I used my laptop again, and I realized how not useful they were.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Because that's what every student is looking to get for school.

A Chromebook.

I'm buying a g550jk, mainly because it will last me sooooooo much longer. I had to use chrome books last year, they are so flimsy. You drop one once, say a meter, and it will break.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

At first I thought they were selling them for 20 bucks and was like awesome. That's the price I would pay the most for them anyway.

Agreed

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm buying a g550jk, mainly because it will last me sooooooo much longer. I had to use chrome books last year, they are so flimsy. You drop one once, say a meter, and it will break.

I don't have too much an issue with the products themselves. I just meant to say that the awareness of Google Docs as a service is so low amongst students from what I've seen that I don't see them selling well for quite awhile. I should have said that in the first place instead of putting it in an edit.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

I don't have too much an issue with the products themselves. I just meant to say that the awareness of Google Docs as a service is so low amongst students from what I've seen that I don't see them selling well for quite awhile. I should have said that in the first place instead of putting it in an edit.

My school is forcing us to use it. Thing is chrome books are only useful while your on school because once your out of school you're back to the basic 30 gun of drive usage. Because they only include 16 gb ssds.

Everyone's missing the fact that chromebooks are only really supposed to be used in classroom settings. There are thousands upon thousands of them in pilot programs in the USA, primarily in middle and elementary schools, where they are used with incredible success. It's meant to be a 200 dollar laptop, and that's what it serves as.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Everyone's missing the fact that chromebooks are only really supposed to be used in classroom settings. There are thousands upon thousands of them in pilot programs in the USA, primarily in middle and elementary schools, where they are used with incredible success. It's meant to be a 200 dollar laptop, and that's what it serves as.

You mean 200$ Facebook machine?

You mean 200$ Facebook machine?

$200 classwork machine

Edit: It's meant to replace 500 dollar ipads

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

To me chrome books are terrible

A laptop is meant to be a mobile computer not a mobile iPod touch with a keyboard

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

To me chrome books are terrible

A laptop is meant to be a mobile computer not a mobile iPod touch with a keyboard

Where did you get ipod touch? 

It's Chrome OS, most of these don't even have touchscreens

These are normal prices btw.

I have a chrome book and i love it. Best $200 I have ever spent. I use mine for school and for general web browsing. The 8 hour battery life gets me through the whole day. 

No one says you have to use Google docs. Office 365 is a thing and is dirt cheap for students. 

$200 classwork machine

Edit: It's meant to replace 500 dollar ipads

..seriously most people seem to be missing the point of this.

It is useful, and it's especially more useful than any tablet to actually get something done at such a low price to boot.

They're invaluable to people with low budgets or for an institution needing to save money while still having something that does what they want it to do very effectively.

One of the dumbest things I've seen a school do is buy iPads for everyone and then lock it down to the point of it being a 500$ neutered web browser and paperweight.

Arguably a stock Chromebook is more productive than any type of iPad money can buy.

If I had to buy again, I'd probably buy a Chromebook, because I bought an ultrabook to use Word and Firefox.

Error: 410

..seriously most people seem to be missing the point of this.

It is useful, and it's especially more useful than any tablet to actually get something done.

They're invaluable to people with low budgets or for an institution needing to save money while still having something that does what they want it to do very effectively.

Precisely, they're, like i said, great for classrooms.

Oh, you're machine died? Not a problem, they're cheap, and have no local storage (practically speaking), so all you have to do is login to your account and you're back up and running.

And besides, it's two birds with one stone. Chrome OS has relatively few games and whatnot on it, so you're students don't need to be watched to carefully.

Edit: Google docs are better than word for cooperative productivity

I like chromebooks, they work, no need to install anything or update anything like that, just flip open the chromebook and press the power button, or if it is already on wait .2 seconds for it to wake up. They are also really light and thin They are not for us tech people at all who want to be able to customize and install everything

person below me is a scrub

Where did you get ipod touch? 

It's Chrome OS, most of these don't even have touchscreens

I mean as in processing power and features

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

For 200 bucks, they aren't a terrible value, and no windows laptop could run at acceptable speeds for that little money. I guess it's just up to what one really needs.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

When I think of Chromebooks all I hear in my head is:

"Data plan...Lisa needs braces...Data plan...Lisa needs braces"