what is AMDs fastest CPU?

as the title says

also what is the difference between AM3+ and FM2+? they both appear to still be in use more or less (and people say the 8350 is a good processor but thats AM3+ while FM2+ is much newer - much confused...)

depends on use case really

for editing and virtual machines I would go with 8350

but if its just for gaming and A10 would work great and save a few bucks

AM3 and AM3+ are for the Phenom/FX/Athlon II/ Sempron series.  They are a bit older but their processors are more powerful than the ones on the FM2+ socket.

The FM2+ Socket is newer, yes, but is for AMD's APU's and newer Athlons (which are just apu's with dead/disabled gpu cores)

The 8350 is a good processor and the age of the socket has nothing to do with it.  Their fastest CPU is probably the highest FX chip.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

FM2+ is a mainstream socket for lower end systems. AM3+ is the enthusiast platform for high power consumption CPUs

In my opinion the 1100T is better than the 8350 as a CPU :P

depends on use case really

for editing and virtual machines I would go with 8350

but if its just for gaming and A10 would work great and save a few bucks

well i use a 

ASUS G750JZ- for gaming and a Razer Blade Pro for editing with a monster 2 780Ti desktop 

Why's that?

DDR4 Ram, i7K skylake a "M-ATX Red/Black (real original), a 4K G-sync 144 Hz. its basicly saying "hey i want to do nothing about this because it will become outdated in 2 days"

DDR4 Ram, i7K skylake a "M-ATX Red/Black (real original), a 4K G-sync 144 Hz. its basicly saying "hey i want to do nothing about this because it will become outdated in 2 days"

Hmm i see you know your stuff

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

DDR4 Ram, i7K skylake ( WTF IS A FUCKING SKYLAKE?) a "M-ATX Red/Black (real original), a 4K G-sync 144 Hz. its basicly saying "hey i want to do nothing about this because it will become outdated in 2 days"

DDR4 is coming. It's already available.

Skylake is the sucessor to broadwell CPUs expected in 2015.

mATX red / black. We don't know what boards will be out.

G sync 144Hz. A monitor supporting both I guess. Unless you have a crystal ball and tell us what will come out.

So you have two expensive laptops and a 4960x according to your profile. I guess you'd know more about "it becomes outdated in 2 days" than anyone else.

Also you say you're 13 in your profile which leaves me suspicious of your claims.

Be nice to others and I'll be nice to you.

DDR4 Ram, i7K skylake ( WTF IS A FUCKING SKYLAKE?) a "M-ATX Red/Black (real original), a 4K G-sync 144 Hz. its basicly saying "hey i want to do nothing about this because it will become outdated in 2 days"

It does say "future" so I'm assuming that he is planning for that.

"M-ATX Red/Black (real original)"  What is these days?

"hey i want to do nothing about this because it will become outdated in 2 days" ummmmm this technology isn't even out yet, under your logic why get anything at all

DDR4 is coming. It's already available.

Skylake is the sucessor to broadwell CPUs expected in 2015.

mATX red / black. We don't know what boards will be out.

G sync 144Hz. A monitor supporting both I guess. Unless you have a crystal ball and tell us what will come out.

So you have two expensive laptops and a 4960x according to your profile. I guess you'd know more about "it becomes outdated in 2 days" than anyone else.

Also you say you're 13 in your profile which leaves me suspicious of your claims.

Be nice to others and I'll be nice to you.

i am 13, DDR4 is WAYYYYY expensive, 3D and G-sync will happen in one monitor ( i checked with jasus) 2 laptops that my father gave me money to buy, i do know that its outdated in 2 days, did not know what a skylake is untill now. so in short im 13 and a geek nurd 

Who cares, really. Just get which one fits your budget :) Modern CPUs are all good after a certain price point.

If you want the absolute fastest AMD CPU then the FX 9590 overclocked. Don't use it at all if you are on a budget, as you will need a beefy cooler to handle the card.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

i am 13, DDR4 is WAYYYYY expensive, you dont want to see me mad, 3D and G-sync will happen in one monitor ( i checked with jasus) 2 laptops that my father gave me money to buy, i do know that its outdated in 2 days, did not know what a skylake is untill now. so in short im 13 and a geek nurd 

calm your fucking tits, let the other guy have a better system, and please realize that this forum is about helping each other not tearing each other's throats out. Freaking new people...

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I am usually holding back when it comes to flame wars... but this is going so far over the top that it isn't funny anymore.

You claim to have at the age of 13 such a machine? Good for you, but do you think you are the only person that is able to afford this kind of hardware?!? I could buy this hardware every other month if I wanted to... and will this make me better than any other person here? No it won't it just tells other people what kind of arrogant person you really are... embarrasing.

To randomly hate on people because they look forward to buy something that will be released in the future and plan a new built just because you don't know about it and you want to basiclally tell the whole world what kind of hardware you claim to have,  should I rather call it ignorance??

Tell you what pics and benchmarks or it didn't happen!!! Maybe I don't understand hardware as good as you (which I really doubt), but why would you have i.e. a Samsung 840 Pro and an Intel 730 Raid 0, since the Samsung SSD is way faster?!? And your 2 Asus cards (btw next time do some more research because they aren't really that great) run in single mode according to your profile, what's the point of that?

If you want to see pics of my system no problem and just look in the GPU sub forums... I'm in the top 10 for GPU scores ;) .

Btw you will be the one with an outdated hardware in 4 weeks when X99 will be released...

On Topic it really depends what you are going to do. If you go more for mild gaming and streaming the FM2 might be the one to go with, if you really want to game and have more computing power then the AM3+ is the right chipset. Yes the AM3+ is quite a while out on the market but the FX CPUs are still okay in terms of performance :) .

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

9590? ;-;

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.