New HDD in laptop?

Richieisnice

If you were to remove the old hard drive from your laptop, and install a new one, would I just have to install windows on it and that's it?

You would insert the windows disk into your dvd drive and it will install.

Yes you need to install windows again :)

ZEUS

CPUi7 4770K - 4.4Ghz CoolerNoctua NH-D14 MB: Maximus VI Hero RAM4 x 4GB Vengeance Pro DDR3 2133Mhz GPUWindforce 780ti Case: Corsair C70 Storage: 3 x 128GB 840 Pro SSD in RAID 0 , 2 x 1TB Barracuda PSU860W AX860i Displays: Asus VG248QE 144Hz , Asus VE247H 60Hz KeyboardRazer Blackwidow 2013 MouseRazer Deathadder SoundSennheiser HD 558 Mic: Blue Snowball

"If I'm not quoted I probably won't reply back to you."

You would have to re-install everything, unless you do what I did and get a usb to sata or ide depending on the drive you need, then use a program to clone everything from your current hdd to your new hdd, then once that is done shut down your computer and remove the old hard drive, put the new one in and you should be good to go.

\

Note: you may have to go into disk manager and format then partition your new HDD to do this.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You would have to re-install everything, unless you do what I did and get a usb to sata or ide depending on the drive you need, then use a program to clone everything from your current hdd to your new hdd, then once that is done shut down your computer and remove the old hard drive, put the new one in and you should be good to go.

\

Note: you may have to go into disk manager and format then partition your new HDD to do this.

Planning on selling my laptop, that's why. New HDD is the best route to go with.

Planning on selling my laptop, that's why. New HDD is the best route to go with.

Ah then you just need to install windows and a couple drivers.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W