any good tips to keep a cpu cool?

after a lot of testing and re-mounting my cooler, I have realized that my i7 4770k runs a bit hotter than average.(67-73 Celsius at 1.13 vcore with an h100i).Its a hot chip. There's not much I can do about that, than find other than find ways to keep it cool. I was wondering If any of you guys have any suggestions or tips to keep my CPU running cool.

I am going to order a tube of arctic mx-4 so that will also help. thanks :)

keep C states enabled and set windows power state to Balanced if you want lower idle temps and start considering delidding or lapping if you really wanna push that cpu to its maximum limits

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

That's weird unless you overclocked.

it is overclocked. 4.2 ghz at 1.13 vcore

keep C states enabled and set windows power state to Balanced if you want lower idle temps and start considering delidding or lapping if you really wanna push that cpu to its maximum limits

what's lapping?

what's lapping?

sanding down the top of the CPU's IHS

lap800.jpg

i delidded and lapped IHS and lowered my temps by 20c+

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

what's lapping?

Think of it as sanding down your CPU to have a more mirror finish to smooth out any imperfections for contact.

sanding down the top of the CPU's IHS

lap800.jpg

i delidded and lapped IHS and lowered my temps by 20c+

Im not sure if I have the guts to do that lol. don't want to risk killing my chip.

what's lapping?

Clean the dust of you h100i reservoir and apply arctic silver 5 thermal paste. This could help.

Clean the dust of you h100i reservoir and apply arctic silver 5 thermal paste. This could help.

my radiators are super clean, and what's the difference between mx-4 and silver 5?

after a lot of testing and re-mounting my cooler, I have realized that my i7 4770k runs a bit hotter than average.(67-73 Celsius at 1.13 vcore with an h100i).Its a hot chip. There's not much I can do about that, than find other than find ways to keep it cool. I was wondering If any of you guys have any suggestions or tips to keep my CPU running cool.

I am going to order a tube of arctic mx-4 so that will also help. thanks :)

Try remounting your cooler.  Lots of people have problems mounting their Corsair AIOs.  It is a daily occurrence on this section of the forum, scroll down if you don't believe me.  Make sure proper contact is being made, might even have to put some washers on. 

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

try to get as low of a voltage as you can and do proper cable managment. 

And dust out your pc.  

post-42942-0-16871600-1407301219.gif

Try remounting your cooler.  Lots of people have problems mounting their Corsair AIOs.  It is a daily occurrence.  Make sure proper contact is being made, might even have to put some washers on. 

put washers on the backplate?

my radiators are super clean, and what's the difference between mx-4 and silver 5?

About a few temps lower. Also put some aftermarket fans if your h100i has stock fans.

put washers on the backplate?

Don't resort to washers 1st thing, just remount it and try to get it as secure and flush as possible, if it is still not making proper contact, then try adding non-conductive washers to the back plate.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

About a few temps lower. Also put some aftermarket fans if your h100i has stock fans.

I have got some af 120's in there

Don't resort to washers 1st thing, just remount it and try to get it as secure and flush as possible, if it is still not making proper contact, then try adding non-conductive washers to the back plate.

yeah I have remounted my h100i at least 3-4 times

Your fans aren't the issue, the stock fans on the H100i are perfectly fine, they are just loud at high RPMs.  Those temperatures are high for an AIO.  The brand of thermal paste being used is also not the issue, it is likely the amount of contact the CPU block is making with the IHS.

yeah I have remounted my h100i at least 3-4 times

Then try some washers.  This is a really common problem, just search in google.  Some motherboards are not as thick as others and that is where the problem lies.

Then try some washers.  This is a really common problem, just search in google.  Some motherboards are not as thick as others and that is where the problem lies.

im using a micro atx asus z87 gryphon. that may be the problem

im using a micro atx asus z87 gryphon. that may be the problem

Google my brother, google.

Could be something with the pump/water flow. If everything you try doesn't work then rma or go back to air cooling with cooler master 212 evo or noctua nh-d14.

Could be something with the pump/water flow. If everything you try doesn't work then rma or go back to air cooling with cooler master 212 evo or noctua nh-d14.

yeah, I'll probably try remounting for the last time, and add some washers.