Phanteks TC14PE or Noctua NH-D15?

Title is the Question

TC14PE is about $90, D15 is around $110, I know the D15 is newer, but does it perform better, and enough to make the price difference worth it? What do you guys think?

I'd go for the 14PE... though 90$ is still steep they should be only around 80$?

The D15 should cool a bit better, but it's honestly not worth the difference (or aesthetics if that's something you care about)

Don't bother with what I say though, listen instead to the impending Noctua circlejerk.

Error: 410

Nope. The DeltaT on the NH-D15 is 0.6 degrees lower than TC14PE and dBA is 0.6 higher than the TC14PE. This is on an 85W Intel CPU @ stock.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I'd go for the 14PE... though 90$ is still steep they should be only around 80$?

The D15 should cool a bit better, but it's honestly not worth the difference (or aesthetics if that's something you care about)

Don't bother with what I say though, listen instead to the impending Noctua circlejerk.

Buying from Australia, so its a bit more expensive downunder. Ill see what other people say but i'm leaning towards 14PE as well. Thanks

Title is the Question

TC14PE is about $90, D15 is around $110, I know the D15 is newer, but does it perform better, and enough to make the price difference worth it? What do you guys think?

D15 is designed in ways that puts the Phantek TC14PE too shame. The fans are better, the fin stack on the dual tower are more optimized for ram with high heat-spreaders of 70mm height. I believe their mount is quite simple and ease free.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I've been considering the same thing. I think I'm going to opt for the Phanteks cooler over the Noctua due to the colour scheme and price, and maybe paint the white parts of the fans. I keep switching between both brands though. I suppose I don't need to make my mind up yet as I won't be buying for a while.

Nope. The DeltaT on the NH-D15 is 0.6 degrees lower than TC14PE and dBA is 0.6 higher than the TC14PE. This is on an 85W Intel CPU @ stock.

Well that's rather useless isn't it. Overclocking is where these coolers shine. Why would you test both these coolers on stock clocked CPUs?

I've been considering the same thing. I think I'm going to opt for the Phanteks cooler over the Noctua due to the colour scheme and price, and maybe paint the white parts of the fans. I keep switching between both brands though. I suppose I don't need to make my mind up yet as I won't be buying for a while.

Well that's rather useless isn't it. Overclocking is where these coolers shine. Why would you test both these coolers on stock clocked CPUs?

Their performance on a CPU @stock still gives you a pretty good indication of what you can expect. 

Their performance on a CPU @stock still gives you a pretty good indication of what you can expect. 

Except it's at stock, meaning the difference will be more exaggerated when overclocked and will give you a more reliable estimate. 0.6 degrees difference at stock could be chance quite easily.

Have you considered the bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Have you considered the bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3?

Yeah, but watched the review and Slick didn't really like it. Also thinking about Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin Dual 14

Yeah, but watched the review and Slick didn't really like it. Also thinking about Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin Dual 14

I've used it. It's phenomenal. As long as you have someone to help mount it it isn't as bad as he made it sound. It's one of if not the easiest after market coolers I've ever mounted.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Except it's at stock, meaning the difference will be more exaggerated when overclocked and will give you a more reliable estimate. 0.6 degrees difference at stock could be chance quite easily.

I disagree. When OC'ing the physical size of a heatsink is what gives you more headroom. Both the the NH-D15 and TC14PE have  behemoth heatsinks of roughly the same size. Everything else about them is also roughly the same. If it was the U14S vs the NH-D15 for example, the NH-D15 would be the clear better choice for OC'ing. 

If you're in the US, the NH-D15 is $79.99 on NCIXUS until the 13th

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=96233&vpn=NH-D15&manufacture=Noctua&promoid=1248

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558