Nikon D5100 or Canon T3i

Hey Im here to ask about the Nikon D5100 and the Canon T3i.So I want to buy the Nikon D5100 with 150usd lens or the canon T3i with the kit lens but I dont know what to choose.Well if you can find me the T3i for 480usd  that will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yea and Im gonna use my camera for youtube videos

D5100 probably. I have a D5300 and it looks awesome if you can keep the iso down.

ok thx but I want some more opinions and the the d5300 costs a lot more than the d5100

Canons are better at video.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Ok thanks so can you send me a T3i for 480usd with the kit lens?

Hey Im here to ask about the Nikon D5100 and the Canon T3i.So I want to buy the Nikon D5100 with 150usd lens or the canon T3i with the kit lens but I dont know what to choose.Well if you can find me the T3i for 480usd  that will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Have a 5200 and really enjoy it. Will be awhile before I upgrade.

Cannon is generally recommended for Video, though. 

However, what I would recommend of either, is to buy body only, and get a good lens. If you don't need zoom, get a Nikon or Cannon 35 or 50mm (depending on what you're looking for). They will look much better than the kit lens....

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Canon, because Magic Lantern and it's infinite customization. I have the T3i/ 600D, bought it just body, 50k frames taken for 300$, but the prices in my country are nuts.. Also you can record RAW video. Yes, 14-bit color , RAW video. AWESOMEEE. You'll need  a killer 95 mb/s card tho.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry just to clear up some things.

The t3i will never be able to record raw video and even if it could, processing times for raw video are horrendously long. For YouTube raw video is not needed. You want fast h.264.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ