Razer Blade 14 vs MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz

Konn1nn

I know the blade is better for gaming but I was wondering if the MacBook would be better for general internet use and school stuff. Tell me your thoughts.

I know the blade is better for gaming but I was wondering if the MacBook would be better for general internet use and school stuff. Tell me your thoughts.

I am actually using a Macbook Pro at the current moment, if you end up using your computer for light gaming including online websites or Minecraft type games the Macbook is ideal for this. Macbook's are also very easy to navigate and are known only to be good for browsing and general things. The Blade to be completely honest isn't a 'take to school type of laptop'. If you are only going to be doing general stuff on your computer, the blade won't be particularly handy. Also you run the risk of damaging your blade if you are hauling it in a bag all day which would be a bad decision on the part of the consumer as the blade is an expensive piece of equipment. So basically if you are doing what you said in the post the Macbook Pro is definitely the way to go and if you are more into gaming then the blade might be the choice for you.

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

The macbook is better for productivity. And the Blade is more of a luxery product imo.

Also you run the risk of damaging your blade if you are hauling it in a bag all day which would be a bad decision on the part of the consumer as the blade is an expensive piece of equipment. 

That would be the same for the macbook.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

The macbook is better for productivity. And the Blade is more of a luxery product imo.

That would be the same for the macbook.

Well we all realise this but the Macbook is obviously cheaper than the Razer Blade 14 so if it was damaged in anyway the cost wouldn't be nearly as significant. Also if your school is running an educational plan, some schools cover damage to laptops and I assume a $3,000 gaming laptop would not fall into the category.

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

Want to do anything beyond light gaming? I'd get the Razer Blade over the MBP. Well actually, I'd probably get one of MSI's or Gigabyte's ultrathin laptops instead - you'd probably get more for your money.

If "general internet use and school stuff" is all you have in mind, maybe consider a Macbook Air rather than a Pro.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Thanks for the reply's, i thinking i will go with the razer blade because i want to do some gaming. But the mac is still so good for multitasking and websurfing. And the thing that appeals me the most with the MacBook is the trackpad but the razer blade is so powerfull and has windows so the blade is the choice.

But It would be great if you would keep on commenting wich one is better ;)

Thanks for the reply's, i thinking i will go with the razer blade because i want to do some gaming. But the mac is still so good for multitasking and websurfing. And the thing that appeals me the most with the MacBook is the trackpad but the razer blade is so powerfull and has windows so the blade is the choice.

But It would be great if you would keep on commenting wich one is better ;)

I'd go with Macbook Pro because battery. If you're taking it to school, that 9 hour battery will be your friend. Also, it's pretty good if you're familiar with Linux or Unix at all, because it's go a fully featured terminal rather than the command prompt Windows has. Plus you can install Windows on it! 

And it's, you know, cheaper than the Blade. Far less gaming power though, only the top-of-the-line 17" Macbook has a dedicated GPU, which is only a GTX 750M, and the rest are Intel Iris Pro. Good for Diablo, DOTA, and Minecraft, but...

Define "School Stuff" because there's many thing to consider.

Anyway, the best is to make your choice by the use you have to do and the context.

MacBook advantages:

If you are in design/photography stuff, Macbook is your only choice as the whole artistic community is running on Apple sauce.

Mac have competent Office now and OneNote to use notes but there's also a whole big bunch of other tools that greatly help students (planners, learning tools and stuff).

Mac is not the friendly OS for an Android phone while obviously made to fit with iOS in any way.

The "Expected Battery life" listed on Apple Macs are based on normal use (using WiFi nonetheless) and you might even outpass it.

No one ever bought a mouse because the glass trackpad was bad on the Mac. (personally I couldn't believe I would tolerate a trackpad but so wasted cash on a mouse that I used twice)

Razer Blade advantages:

If you are a general schooler, you may have trouble with a Mac at school (software for example).

If your laptop will be your main machine and you like gaming on a PC and don't wont to offload this to a console...

Android phones will play better with Windows.

The "Expected Battery life" listed on most Windows laptop are more often numbers guessed by unicorns.

You will stand out with a Black Mackbook-ish laptop and not look exactly like any MacBook users.

On a personal note, I'm typing this on a nearly 6 years old MacBook 2008 (the only aluminum full Macbook without Pro at the end) and it's still usable today despite having been quite banged up every day.

My TabletPC I paid the same price in 2010 died in 2012. So yeah...

The Blade is too expensive in my opinion and you are stuck with only 8GBs of RAM. If you need your laptop to do heavy gaming then i'd look at the MSI GS60 Ghost, otherwise I'd go with the MacBook Pro.