Buyer's Remorse - I need help :(

Hey guys,

So I've been planning my first PC build and after a ton of research (or so I thought) I selected the following mobo/processor:

Intel 4790K

Gaming 7 mobo (at the time I was indifferent between MSI/Gigabyte)

And then recently Microcenter advertised the 4790k for $279.99 + tax in-store pickup, which was an OK deal because of the tax here and wasn't worth it, until I saw they were offering up the GA-Z97x Gaming 7 for $120 in a combo deal. The MSI Gaming 7 was $150 in the same combo so I opted for the Gigabyte after reviewing specs and seeing they were pretty much the same.

Now here comes the buyer's remorse :(

Everywhere I look people say the MSI Gaming 7 is better because it has more tightly held VRM heatsinks, more phases, better quality, OC genie, better UEFI, etc etc.

It also doesn't help that none of the reviews compare the GA G7 and the MSI G7 together, but instead they only compare the GA G7 vs the MSI G5 which makes me feel as though it's inferior and in that case I should have gotten the MSI G5 at $90

Now my question is, did I make a bad buy?

The VRM heatsinks do wobble when a decent force is applied, which makes me concerned that there may not be sufficient contact between the heatsink and the mosfets/VRM. Should I be concerned? I have no idea what it's supposed to be like, but I do know that I plan on OCing the 4790k to a stable 4.7/4.8GHz and I want to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Also, what's the deal with phases? From what I've read the GA is 6+2 phase and the MSI is 12 phase?

Can anyone comment on Gigabyte vs MSI build quality? MSI advertises military grade and Gigabyte just says "Ultra Durable"

I need someone to put my mind at ease. Thanks in advance!

Also if it matters, the rest of my build will include:

Noctua DH-14 Cooler

Crucial MX100 512GB SSD

WD 1TB HDD

Crucial Ballistix Sport (8x2)

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950

Any 80 Plus Gold 750W PSU

Any full ATX case

Both motherboards are great. Either one will get the job done. I wouldn't worry to much about it. 

I should be studying.

Its not a bad buy. You got a great motherboard and you shouldn't worry to much.

I'm afraid to swear now because the overlords might hurt me. 

Thanks for the responses guys, makes me feel a little better knowing other people think the board is nice.

My only worry is the heatsinks. Is the fact that they're held by push pins and not screws going to cause my CPU to overheat/heat up more than otherwise when I start OCing to 4.7/4.8?

Thanks for the responses guys, makes me feel a little better knowing other people think the board is nice.

My only worry is the heatsinks. Is the fact that they're held by push pins and not screws going to cause my CPU to overheat/heat up more than otherwise when I start OCing to 4.7/4.8?

VRAM heatsinks won't kill your CPU because of over heating... how did you pick up that nonsense?

What could kill your CPU is an insufficient cooling solution FOR the CPU itself, when you OC and overvolt too much. No one can tell you how fare you can go with your CPU. 4.7 to 4.8 GHz doesn't seem to be too much for a DC CPU.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling