First Black screens, stalling, unstable OS and underperforming

Go to solution Solved by thorpj,

In that case, forgo that USB and just change your port to AHCI and reinstall Windows 8.1

ERMAGHAD!!!!

So i booted into safe mode (run->services.msc->boot tab->safe mode (minimal)->click ok

go into bios-> change to AHCI -> boot into windows -> change back to normal mode -> it will restart and done

In that case, forgo that USB and just change your port to AHCI and reinstall Windows 8.1

are you sure theres no other way to install this driver?

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Ok something weird happened.... I changed the UEFI Samsung ssd back to boot #1 and reboted. it came up with the american megatrends logo and "press del or f2 to setup" i pressed f2 and it booted into Windows.

arrggh these things are so complicated...

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

I hear it in the front headphone jack on my CM storm enforcer, i'm not sure of the size of the jack tho

Oh well, it might be the jack itself causing the problems. A similar issue happend to me, was generated by the build in front jack that came with the case, and I had to change it.

I dunno what to say about the CM storm enforcer since it´s probably the 1st time I heard of this problem.

Update: as a last resort before win reinstall.

enabled safe mode -> into BIOS -> enabled AHCI mode as SATA type -> an option comes up for "Onchip SARA port4/5 type" i don't remember seeing this before

ERMAGHAD!!!!

So i booted into safe mode (run->services.msc->boot tab->safe mode (minimal)->click ok

go into bios-> change to AHCI -> boot into windows -> change back to normal mode -> it will restart and done

http://imgur.com/BUy5CHP

Samsung Magician Showing AHCI mode!!

I look in device manager, and it shows the AHCI driver there!!!!

what the actuall fuck bill gates :)

Try entering your boot menu to choose which device you want to boot from. I think either F12 or go into BIOS and change boot order there

this I am not really sure

Mine was more of a crude method of backup :/

you may need to know where are your setting files are which means a little know how of the way windows works and that

the rest are just my pictures and videos which i just copy and paste into my external drives

my method is trial and error as I lost a small batch of files because i forget to copy before I reformat

Right. That is because you need to reinstall Windows to the SSD to get it to boot in AHCI mode. I don't know why it works that way, but that's the way it works.

Oh well, it might be the jack itself causing the problems. A similar issue happend to me, was generated by the build in front jack that came with the case, and I had to change it.

I dunno what to say about the CM storm enforcer since it´s probably the 1st time I heard of this problem.

Well!

after a huge deal of posts and POSTS (geddit..), and an AWESOME amount of help from you guys, its done! Thanks to vinylash and especially dragoon and Faruko!

Faruko you've put in a great deal of effort in helping me, while i ramble on, only having half a clue about whats going on. I couldn't have done it without you, and i'm so glad that you helped me! this is my first PC, and it has cemented my transition from Console peasantry to PC master race ( :D

Also, I noticed on your profile that a) you have a sick PC, and b ) you're available for tech consultation. I'm extremely glad that there are excellent people like yourself, out there helping others with less knowledge than yourself.

and dragoon, "Generally speaking, if your rig can outdo a console, you're up to date and or future proof." Is an excellent quote :)

Well!

after a huge deal of posts and POSTS (geddit..), and an AWESOME amount of help from you guys, its done! Thanks to vinylash and especially dragoon and Faruko!

Faruko you've put in a great deal of effort in helping me, while i ramble on, only having half a clue about whats going on. I couldn't have done it without you, and i'm so glad that you helped me! this is my first PC, and it has cemented my transition from Console peasantry to PC master race ( :D )

Also, I noticed on your profile that a) you have a sick PC, and b ) you're available for tech consultation. I'm extremely glad that there are excellent people like yourself, out there helping others with less knowledge than yourself.

and dragoon, "Generally speaking, if your rig can outdo a console, you're up to date and or future proof." Is an excellent quote :)

Glad I could help.

Spoiler
  • CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • Motherboard:  MSI PRO B650M-A WiFi
  • RAM:  G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 Memory @ 6000MHz
  • Graphics:  Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Ultra W OC 8G-V
  • StorageKingston KC3000 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive @ 7200rpm
  • PSU:  Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold
  • Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/Gateron Red switches
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O- Wireless @ 1600dpi, 1000Hz
  • DAC: JDS Labs OL DAC
  • AMP: JDS Labs O2 AMP
  • Headphones: Hifiman HE-400I w/ZMF Ori Lambskin pads
  • Soundbar: Creative Sound BlasterX Katana
  • Monitor 1: BenQ EL2870U @ 3840 x 2160, 60Hz
  • Monitor 2ASUS Predator XB252Q @ 1920 x 1080, 240Hz
  • Monitor 3AOC G2460 PQU @ 1080 x 1920, 144Hz

Glad I could help.

And i'm glad you could!

Glad I could help.

I do have one final question, how much do you think your custom water cooling loop cost? 

I do have one final question, how much do you think your custom water cooling loop cost? 

I can actually give you an accurate cost since I still have the receipt. What currency do you want it in? The currency I paid in (MYR) or USD?

Spoiler
  • StorageKingston KC3000 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive @ 7200rpm
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/Gateron Red switches

I can actually give you an accurate cost since I still have the receipt. What currency do you want it in? The currency I paid in (MYR) or USD?

I operate under the mighty Australian Dollar, but my vast tech experience has taught me to use google conversions, shame they didn't teach me how to open a browser...

Also i have marked one of my own posts as the solved post, but that is only because it describes the solution. Of course it was you that solved it!

I operate under the mighty Australian Dollar, but my vast tech experience has taught me to use google conversions, shame they didn't teach me how to open a browser...

Also i have marked one of my own posts as the solved post, but that is only because it describes the solution. Of course it was you that solved it!

Ah in that case, my watercooling loop cost me $ 259.00 USD

Spoiler

Ah in that case, my watercooling loop cost me $ 259.00 USD

Hmm ok, water cooling isn't an option for my current build (@lst not a custom loop) but i'm looking forward to building with it in the future!

again i really appreciate your help!

Hmm ok, water cooling isn't an option for my current build (@lst not a custom loop) but i'm looking forward to building with it in the future!

again i really appreciate your help!

No worries

Spoiler