Student Credit Card

Buckley

Alright so im 17 and having a credit card would make my life so much easier when it comes to paying for things.

I know that you need to be 18, but i do know that you can be 17 and still aquire one by either having a co-signer or proof of steady annual income.

my question is,

what companies actually do this?

i know of tower federal credit union, but what are some others?

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Get a visa Debit card, no overdraft will save your life.

Talk to your bank.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

i would get a debit card

much safer

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

just wait until you're 18.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

i would get a debit card

much safer

i already have a debit card 

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

i would get a debit card

much safer

building credit by purchasing items and paying them off is important if he ever wants to get a loan from the bank

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Why would you want a credit card at your age?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

i would get a debit card

much safer

How is a debit card safer? 

Usually Debit accounts don't have a fraud liability that reacts as quickly as a credit card. I never use my debit card simply because if the number gets compromised then they have access to my money 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

building credit by purchasing items and paying them off is important if he ever wants to get a loan from the bank

that, and also id much rather pay something off and still have money in the bank instead of breaking my bank every purchase for something like pc hardware

Why would you want a credit card at your age?

gas for one, and with a minimum wage job it makes purchasing much easier since you can pay it off

gas for one, and with a minimum wage job it makes purchasing much easier since you can pay it off

But why buy stuff you can't pay for at the time?  A debit card is all you need as doesn't have the risks associated with it that a credit card does.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

this.  having your parents cosign gives them too much authority over it.  because they get all of the authority over it.  

just wait until you're 18.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

this.  having your parents cosign gives them too much authority over it.  because they get all of the authority over it.  

but you can also get one if the company accepts the monthy income that you get

But why buy stuff you can't pay for at the time?  A debit card is all you need as doesn't have the risks associated with it that a credit card does.

to build credit, without credit, youre basically fucked

I  wouldn't be in such a hurry to start purchasing things with money you don't have and "paying it off later." at your age the main reason to get a credit card is to buy things with money you DO have and pay it off right then just to build credit. I don't think you have the right mindset about it, you really don't want to have an outstanding balance on your credit card at the end of a month at 17.

to build credit, without credit, youre basically fucked

I'm 18.

I got my own place, pay my bills, cheated by getting signed as an authorized user of my mother's credit card (so I get credit for some of the things she buys), took out a loan for a guitar and payed it off the next week (making sure I had the money for it), and maintain $800+ in my bank account at all times, as well as consistently put into my savings account.

I don't even have a Credit Card.

And I have pretty good credit.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Do yourself a favor and don't get a credit card until you absolutely need one.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I wouldn't suggest piling yourself in more debt than you have to, especially as the interest piles up when you are not working.

With your school debt alongside your credit card debt you will be in rough shape after you graduate.

I would suggest you get a Paypal account and have your parents send money to it when you need it and get the prepaid card.