Why do people hate Chrome OS so much?

alex93310

No Offense but to me Chrome OS is pretty stupid i mean u cant save that much on it and it has a lot of imperfections and not powerful at all.

The PC's that run Chrome OS arent powerful

Honestly a tablet would be better cause some a bit more powerful, same storage, but more poratble

You're missing the point of Chrome OS; Chrome OS is designed with students and business folks in mind, not a gamer/content creator. 

They're not powerful since they don't have to be powerful at all... all you do on a Chrome Book is basic document creation (via Google Drive) and since it's expected you would store the bulk of those documents online, you don't need a whole lot of internal storage. The "weaker" parts (I believe they use Atom Celeron processors) also help in terms of battery life and costs - no matter how big a business is, it would be pretty brutal on the budget to buy all sales rep an ultrabook (or what ever). 

Also, looking at it from a form factor perspective, if I'm doing uni work, I would much rather have a proper keyboard, not that janky, kinda ghetto solution that tablets tend to use.

---------------------------

They sell a shit ton of Chrome Books in Australia; while I don't own a Chrome Book, from what I've experienced through in-store demos, it's pretty darn neat. 

But does it fit my usage scenario? Not really since I need do be able to some rendering and Java work (I FUCKING HATE JAVA, C# pl0x) 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini