Desktop Mic to be used for game chat/skype?

tehgray

I've been looking for a desktop microphone to use in lieu of using a modmic on my headphones (personal reasons). The thing is, I'm not a big fan of push to talk and I plan to stream/create gaming videos, so a mic that could block out noises like my keyboard/mouse while just picking up my voice would be nice.

I just rather not break the bank ($100 max, but even there I' hesitant, rather around $60) or have some huge setup.

If it isn't possible, I'll just pick up a pair of g4me one's instead of a 598 and call it a day.

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

Desktop mic will pick up keyboard noises and such unless you get a boom arm and bring it right in front of your mouth with low sensitivity.

Anyway, Blue Snowball is a popular option. I myself use Samson Meteor and am extremely satisfied with it.

Desktop mic will pick up keyboard noises and such unless you get a boom arm and bring it right in front of your mouth with low sensitivity.

Anyway, Blue Snowball is a popular option. I myself use Samson Meteor and am extremely satisfied with it.

I've been looking at the snowball. I believe day9 (streamer) uses one. I don't know how he does it, but it picks up his voice perfectly and everything else (keyboard/mouse) can barely be heard.

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

I agree with you. I have a fairly good cardio mic and it picks up everything. you would need to do some pretty good audio engineering to get it to work how the OP wants, but it isn't impossible. If OP is willing to get some sound engineering behind his belt then he could get pretty much any mid-range cardio mic and make it sound good. Just depends on how much trouble you want to go through.

Now i know this seems like it should be fairly obvious but i just felt like stating DO NOT GET A RIBBON MIC FOR STREAMING!!!! They are really sensitive and will pick up anything that makes a sound.

If you want a cheap condenser mic that's still pretty darn good, the Samson GoMic is excellent

Go_Mic-open-white.jpg