How many people actually have 4k monitors or TVs?

angrylemon

i was just wondering how many people own a 4k device and also can your internet connection load 4k you tube videos?

I don't have a 4K panel but my web is 100Mb down so yes it can.

I'm halfway there! :lol:

i was just wondering how many people own a 4k device and also can your internet connection load 4k you tube videos?

I don't have a 4K panel but I have 4 1080p panels that I could make an eyefinity array out of and I'd have a "4K" display. But no my internet probably wouldn't be able to load 4K YouTube

"Rawr XD"

I dont have one yet and im pretty sure most people are like me and are waiting for 4k ips that is like $400 since thats what intel is claiming to do also my internet can do 4k youtube without buffer and i only have 16mb down :(

I don't have a 4K panel but my web is 100Mb down so yes it can.

I'm halfway there! :lol:

But no my internet probably wouldn't be able to load 4K YouTube

I dont have one yet and im pretty sure most people are like me and are waiting for 4k ips that is like $400 since thats what intel is claiming to do also my internet can do 4k youtube without buffer and i only have 16mb down :(

yea same here but my internet can render 4k if i give it a minute or two.

i dont have a 4k screen, but i can definitely stream 4k video with my connection

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I don't have a 4k TV or monitor... nor do I plan on buying one in the next 5 years.

4k tvs : nothing is in 4k, be it tv shows, movies or anything and cable provider can barely even offer 1080p so let's not even talk about 4k.

4k monitor : graphic cards can barely even output 4k games today at 30fps(single gpu, more or less $600 price range) and the current trend seems to be "5 to 10% performances improvement and better power consumption" on each new generation, since I don't expect that trend to change anytime soon and I would rather play games at 60+fps without robbing a bank, that means it's entirely pointless to me.

So really, there's no benefit to me buying anything 4k for a good long while.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I don't have a 4k TV or monitor... nor do I plan on buying one in the next 5 years.

4k tvs : nothing is in 4k, be it tv shows, movies or anything and cable provider can barely even offer 1080p so let's not even talk about 4k.

4k monitor : graphic cards can barely even output 4k games today at 30fps(single gpu, more or less $600 price range) and the current trend seems to be "5 to 10% performances improvement and better power consumption" on each new generation, since I don't expect that trend to change anytime soon and I would rather play games at 60+fps without robbing a bank, that means it's entirely pointless to me.

So really, there's no benefit to me buying anything 4k for a good long while.

Well that is extremely bad imo because

1.2020 panel manufactures have made a statement that is when they will start 8k production

2.There is a few shows in 4k, netflix is starting 4k and there thinking about overhauling the old starwars series for 4k also world cup and other big events are and will be in 4k even most asian countries already have channels that only show 4k content.

3.graphics cards are only going to get better especially now they have people buying 4k monitors they are basically obligated to deliver hence why there not screwing us over with low vram next generation.

4. 4k is awesome for screen real estate.

Your saying all the things people said about 1080p when it came out and now look lol

Well that is extremely bad imo because

1.2020 panel manufactures have made a statement that is when they will start 8k production

2.There is a few shows in 4k, netflix is starting 4k and there thinking about overhauling the old starwars series for 4k also world cup and other big events are and will be in 4k even most asian countries already have channels that only show 4k content.

3.graphics cards are only going to get better especially now they have people buying 4k monitors they are basically obligated to deliver hence why there not screwing us over with low vram next generation.

4. 4k is awesome for screen real estate.

Your saying all the things people said about 1080p when it came out and now look lol

Oh, I'm not saying 4k is bad, the screen real estate would be great, that's for sure, but not for gaming, not for at least 2 more generation of graphic cards, unless you have all the money to spend on a dual 780ti or something, which I don't.

I know places like Japan started rolling out 4k in July, but they also have the fiber network that's twice as fast as Google Fiber and cost less too. Here, the max you can expect to get is around 200Mbp, for like $130 or so and that's not even fiber, still the old copper cables. Good luck running 4k video to everybody on that.

As for Netflix,, considering I need to use my bandwidth for that and I have a data cap, ain't happening, I can't even watch 1080p videos on youtube half the time otherwise I will burst right through it in no time. 300GB might seems like a lot, but just browsing the web and watching a bunch of videos on youtube result in me doing 250GB per month generally. (Not to mention, I hardly ever use my Netflix account, Netflix Canada is quite gimped compared to Netflix US)

Fact is, there's just not enough content in 4k or ways of getting 4k outside of the internet to justify the upgrade, at least for a few years, not to mention, my cable TV provider is working with Samsung to get new cable box for 4k, but it's not until, at the earliest, end of 2015, is what they said, meaning I can expect it to happen late 2016 early 2017 if the past is anything to go by.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro