[WIP] 4790k, 290x Lightning, Noctua Industrials, Custom H440!

Norman_the_Owl

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to start my first build. 

All the parts i have can be seen below, minus a red H440, because it's currently in my garage drying... ;)

IMG_20140802_181306531_HDR.jpg

Edit: The CPU us a 4790k

The only things i'm missing now is RAM, a hard drive, and a graphics card. I plan on waiting for the GTX 800 series though, seeing as I'm 15, working a minimum wage job, and want this to last as long as possible. So i'm going to wait, get some cash together, then buy shortly after it releases.

I'll have the RAM and hard drive in a paycheck or two, depending on a few things.

Don't get too excited about this just yet, I still have to get my new set up in order before i start building. I'll try and post as much of that in this thread as i can.

Wish me luck, I'll do my best not to screw up :D

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Oh nice a Dark Rock 3 :D

Good luck on your build! 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Oh nice a Dark Rock 3 :D

Good luck on your build! 

Thanks, i can't wait to get started! Oh how i long for the days of being able to crank up my graphical settings... :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Quick update to anyone listening, I should be able to order the final parts necessary to get started within the next few days.

Additionally, i believe I've found a piece of wood to use as a desktop, I'll update this thread as such information becomes available.

Work on where my setup is going to be isn't going quickly, we're going to try and rush finish it this weekend.

You're using a plank of wood as a table?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

You're using a plank of wood as a table?

Not quite, it's an ikea desk about twice my age. We need to cut it to size (It's absolutely massive) and we need to reinforce the edges and center, seeing as it's a bit bowed.

Edit: It's just the tabletop, not legs, I'll need to fork over 12 bucks for new ones

Teaser time...

IMG_20140810_104416107.jpg

IMG_20140810_104449087_HDR.jpg

These pictures aren't the best, as they're taken with a Moto X and it's overwhelmingly mediocre camera.

Also i didn't have time to clean down the exterior or the case, so you can see all the fingerprints from me handling it.

I'll get you all some better glamour shots when I finish it and clean it up

Mmm liking... no other colours or?

Mmm liking... no other colours or?

I wasn't able to decide on a color without having a system in the case, So i went with what's the safest...Black, black, and black :P

• 3 months later...

I wasn't able to decide on a color without having a system in the case, So i went with what's the safest...Black, black, and black :P

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i'm wondering what you used to paint the plastic?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i'm wondering what you used to paint the plastic?

most likely plasti dip

Yup, black plastidip.

If you're doing it to your H440 or any case, make sure any pegs don't get too much material on them. It makes it tough getting the panels on and off till the material wears off :P

Yup, black plastidip.

If you're doing it to your H440 or any case, make sure any pegs don't get too much material on them. It makes it tough getting the panels on and off till the material wears off :P

Sweet, thanks for the info