Is it possible to rice a computer?

terrytek

What's so wrong with flashing LED's?

Why on earth would you dump thousands of dollars into PC components, then put it into one of the hideous fractal design cases? You might as well just stick the whole thing into a cardboard box and save the money

That's like taking a high end car, and covering it in rust/shit/dirt.

It's bad for epileptic people. Besides, flashing ANYTHING draws too much attention, like car neons. They are totally suckish. And Fractal Design cases are not hideous. They are for those people who like a clean build, unlike those distasteful cases in the before page.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It's bad for epileptic people. Besides, flashing ANYTHING draws too much attention, like car neons. They are totally suckish. And Fractal Design cases are not hideous. They are for those people who like a clean build, unlike those distasteful cases in the before page.

Well if you want clean, a bleached white cardboard box would look about the same, and be cheaper.

I'm sorry, but fractal cases are just ugly, might as well go to your local PC shop and see if they have any spare dell or HP cases.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just from a pure aesthetics point of view, do you guys think this case is too much:

CA-307-CM_63134_350.jpg

?

Well if you want clean, a bleached white cardboard box would look about the same, and be cheaper.

I'm sorry, but fractal cases are just ugly, might as well go to your local PC shop and see if they have any spare dell or HP cases.

Yeah, but do you see anybody use a cardboard box for their build? No, because in the tech community, a cardboard box is considered ghetto.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just from a pure aesthetics point of view, do you guys think this case is too much:

CA-307-CM_63134_350.jpg

?

I don't believe in the concept of "too much", but that being said I do think it's ugly

Really? I always that thought when it comes to cases with a minimalistic look, you can't do better than fractal design...

Yeah, but do you see anybody use a cardboard box for their build? No, because in the tech community, a cardboard box is considered ghetto.

And that's how I see fractal cases, cheap, and lazy. It seems like you don't care.

Really? I always that thought when it comes to cases with a minimalistic look, you can't do better than fractal design...

I think the "minimalist" look is just laziness and cheapness. As far as price goes, there are better looking cases for the price.

I just don't get the idea of building something "custom" and then using a case that looks exactly like every other stock computer case. It just looks like you didn't try

?

I just puked in my mouth a little.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

And that's how I see fractal cases, cheap, and lazy. It seems like you don't care.

I think the "minimalist" look is just laziness and cheapness. As far as price goes, there are better looking cases for the price.

I just don't get the idea of building something "custom" and then using a case that looks exactly like every other stock computer case. It just looks like you didn't try

It's not cheap nor lazy. They're fine.

I don't believe in the concept of "too much", but that being said I do think it's ugly

Hmm, fair enough. My mate's asked me to help him with his build, and by help I mean build it for him. He wants a ricer case, but won't spend more than £40 for the case. So this was only one I could find that is made by a manufacturer I've heard of. I guess I'll have to keep looking then...

It's not cheap nor lazy. They're fine.

It's lazy, it looks like you just said "whatever, I'll just use *grabs nearest case* this.

Hmm, fair enough. My mate's asked me to help him with his build, and by help I mean build it for him. He wants a ricer case, but won't spend more than £40 for the case. So this was only one I could find that is made by a manufacturer I've heard of. I guess I'll have to keep looking then...

What is that in USD? just curious. Gonna be hard to get a decent looking case that's cheap. The cheapest thing that looks good that I can think of is the HAF XB evo.

I agree that some case manufacturers go overboard to make their cases look like "gaming PC cases" (looking at you Aerocool), but some cases, such as the NZXT Phantom:phantom_02.jpg

Or the NZXT H440:

2c.jpg

with one having a futuristic design, and the other going for a minimalistic look. I think they both look amazing. 

It's lazy, it looks like you just said "whatever, I'll just use *grabs nearest case* this.

What is that in USD? just curious. Gonna be hard to get a decent looking case that's cheap. The cheapest thing that looks good that I can think of is the HAF XB evo.

That's probably around $60 to $70. I'll take a look at the Evo.

I agree that some case manufacturers go overboard to make their cases look like "gaming PC cases" (looking at you Aerocool), but some cases, such as the NZXT Phantom:phantom_02.jpg

Or the NZXT H440:

2c.jpg

with one having a futuristic design, and the other going for a minimalistic look. I think they both look amazing. 

I can agree with a clean but futuristic look. I just think the plain jane solid color box looks like you gave up and didn't even try lol.

CA-307-CM_63134_350.jpg

?

That case is hideous. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

This thread is ricist

112.JPG

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Why not!

I could see having LED's mounted but hidden from sight where the load on the CPU/GPU causes them to change colors relative to the load. Then chrome fans like in the pic above. An exhaust heat pipe to vent the hot air away from the computer, I actually want that. Maybe a intake manifold to push cold(er) air in that looks like a engine blower ;)

If you can't have fun with your computer then just buy a pre-made system.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Does the NZXT Vulcan count?

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/36-vulcan

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

Any customization purely for aesthetics is ricing

sleeved cables, coloured water cooling, LEDs, paint etc.

in fact the trend of plasti-dipping cars has moved into the PC scene with people plasti-dipping cases, motherboards, etc

besides, murdered out cars are still sexy.

ricing would mean someone customizes a car but it look bad/worser instead of better

20121229_012559_zps87489d38.jpg

Fractal R4, the Chrysler 300SRT of Computer Cases imo

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Rice used to stand for Rally Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements

Well, it definitely ain't nowadays. Have you seen what people do their cars today? They put stickers all over, fake exhaust pipes, and 6 foot high spoilers. This society is ruined.

:blush:  I went into this thread thinking that he was talking about waterdamaged parts and wanting to put his entire computer into a huge bag of rice....

Never heard this term before.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

girls rice themselves all the time & i don't see anyone complaining.. :mellow:

Details separate people.