Upgraded my I5 in my z77 platform to a 3770k today, I've been messing with overclocking for about an hour on it how are these results

I hope so because I was almost thinking about buying Sandy bridge because they're almost guaranteed to hit 5ghz

Well i'm pretty sure you will because i was running 4.7ghz with my 3570k with 1.195v and i bought it in 2014.(Not able to do it anymore because i  pushed 1.58v to run 5.2ghz and i killed a few billion transistors lol)

I achieved 5ghz with 1.34v.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Well i'm pretty sure you will because i was running 4.7ghz with my 3570k with 1.195v and i bought it in 2014.(Not able to do it anymore because i pushed 1.58v to run 5.2ghz and i killed a few billion transistors lol)

I achieved 5ghz with 1.34v.

Sweet

EDIT* whoops,wrong quote.

You're gonna hit 5.0ghz with ~1.34v I guarantee it :D

5ghz 1.3v, not stable enough for benchmarks though

Posted Image

5ghz 1.3v, not stable enough for benchmarks though

-snip-

Awesome! With 1.32v will definitely be stable for benchmarking.

What are you waiting for? :P

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Awesome! With 1.32v will definitely be stable for benchmarking.

What are you waiting for? :P

I dunno it's hitting 91° in benchmarks before it crashes, I really don't wanna go any higher

I dunno it's hitting 91° in benchmarks before it crashes, I really don't wanna go any higher

With the h100i? That is weird.Shouldn't go that high

With the h100i? That is weird.Shouldn't go that high

Yea but the temp also drops to 0° randomly so I'm not sure it's reading correctly

Yea but the temp also drops to 0° randomly so I'm not sure it's reading correctly

I have a crappy $20 cooler and i'm currently running p95 with 1.3v

Hottest core is 87C. You should check that out. Either is reading wrong(which is rare on intel processors) or it is not well-mounted.

Also,check the voltage when the cpu is on full load.

I have a crappy $20 cooler and i'm currently running p95 with 1.3v

Hottest core is 87C. You should check that out. Either is reading wrong(which is rare on intel processors) or it is not well-mounted.

Also,check the voltage when the cpu is on full load.

Yea see I set it to 1.35 in bios but under full load Windows is only reading 1.303 so it has to be reading wrong

Yea see I set it to 1.35 in bios but under full load Windows is only reading 1.303 so it has to be reading wrong

That's the LLC(load line calibration).You need to set it manually so that the voltage readings are almost the same as in the bios'.

See the voltages from cpu-z btw

And actually don't get bothered with it.Not worth it.

That's the LLC(load line calibration).You need to set it manually so that the voltage readings are almost the same as in the bios'.

See the voltages from cpu-z btw

And actually don't get bothered with it.Not worth it.

Yea I should download cpu-z because I adjusted the llc from 1 to 5..which is more aggressive setting one or setting five on llc

So I've got it rock solid at 4.8 at 1.25 I'm really happy with that, I think I'm just going to stick here, I got it booting at 5ghz and I just mainly wanted to see if I could do that so I'm happy...thanks a lot for all the help guys

The "dangerous" spot for Ivy Bridge CPU's is probably around 1.4-1.35V. Temps at 1.3V with an H100i would probably be like 80C or something, but nothing to worry about. You don't have to push it further if you don't want to.

indeed, i got my 3770k up to 5.0@1.37 with 88 to 94c on full load with an H80i, ran it 4.5@1.18 with 58 to 65c on full load 24/7 (both rock stable)

Let's agree to disagree