Linus Tech in 4K?

wpirobotbuilder

I noticed on the Techquickie video on Ambient Occlusion, there are options for 2.5K and 4K viewing. Did the LMG team start uploading in 4K recently?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

they´ve been recording in 4k for a while.

they just downsize it

I know, but did they start uploading in 4K?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

maybe they tested to see the statistics if it pays off?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

they´ve been recording in 4k for a while.

they just downsize it

The recorder they use does, the files they get out of the camera aren't in 4K and they couldn't have uploaded it in 4K unless the firmware update that allowed them to record in 4K and output in 4K came out or they used a new camera.

i'm a potato

Like said before, they usually use it to downsample and crop, and zoom their own work and render at 1080p, but I think they uploaded in 4k due to the nature of the video allowing more quality to pass through Youtube's optimizations and let the downscaling happen locally.

I wouldn't expect it to be a normal occurrence except in videos where visual precision may be important to the point of the video.

Error: 410

Now if only my ISP changed old copper lines for brand spanking new fiber in an area of maybe 50 subscribers...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

they had two other videos in 4k? one being a build guilde

I only see an option for 720 :(

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i asked something similar & linus responded that he'd "upload in 4k for lols" once they get their firmwares for their equipment guess it's not permanent or something , but who knows..?

Details separate people.

The recorder they use does, the files they get out of the camera aren't in 4K and they couldn't have uploaded it in 4K unless the firmware update that allowed them to record in 4K and output in 4K came out or they used a new camera.

Their camera records 4k RAW. They were waiting for a software update to be able to output in 4k. Seems like they finally got it :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Their camera records 4k RAW. They were waiting for a software update to be able to output in 4k. Seems like they finally got it :)

I said that. The camera records in 4K RAW, the recorder outputs the files in 1080p.

i'm a potato

I said that. The camera records in 4K RAW, the recorder outputs the files in 1080p.

The recorder can now do 4k because of a software update that was released. Linus has talked abut this many times before on the livestream and in his videos how he bought the 4k camera, and now had to pay an additional $800 for a software update to allow him to output 4k. Since he has started uploading 4k content it is safe to assume he finally got the software update for his camera.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The recorder can now do 4k because of a software update that was released. Linus has talked abut this many times before on the livestream and in his videos how he bought the 4k camera, and now had to pay an additional $800 for a software update to allow him to output 4k. Since he has started uploading 4k content it is safe to assume he finally got the software update for his camera.

Yeah.

i'm a potato

Yeah.

Yeah.

Spoiler