why are ASUS monitors so wobbly lol

Admiaczking

A lot of people have complained/commented on how wobbly ASUS monitors are, and after buying my brilliant VE228 I can say they aren't lying or exaggerating. Not gonna put this in troubleshooting because I don't want help with it just want to know if other people have noticed this. I think it's kind of funny.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

My VG248QE was fine.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz聽| Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero |RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

They're light.

my monitor is sure light, but the box was probably 30 lbs.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

You get what you paid for...

Its a budget monitor, they're not going to invest $100 into a stand that is less wobbly when this one works fine.

If you got a high end $500+ monitor then that will be much better quality.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven聽 聽minimalist white and black PC聽 聽 聽Old S340 build log "White Heaven"聽 聽 聽 聽聽The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log聽 聽 聽 聽 Project AntiRoll (prototype)聽 聽 聽 聽 Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X聽|聽AMD Vega Frontier Edition聽|聽ASUS X570 Pro WS聽|聽Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB聽|聽NZXT H500聽|聽Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700聽|聽Custom loop聽|聽Coolermaster SK630 White聽|聽Logitech MX Master 2S聽|Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB聽|Samsung 58" 4k TV|Scarlett 2i4|2x AT2020

My PA248 has no wobble. But it does have basically the best stand on the market.

You get what you paid for...

Its a budget monitor, they're not going to invest $100 into a stand that is less wobbly when this one works fine.

If you got a high end $500+ monitor then that will be much better quality.

my mom is the definition of frugal, she could have gotten a $300 monitor but she wouldn't even get me a $240 one, so i had to go with a $200 VE228 that was on sale @ Newegg.com

It's a monitor, do you need to touch it and wobble it around enough for a cheap stand to be an issue?

Stuff: 聽i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ)聽| ASRock Z170M OC聽Formula聽| G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16聽| EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz聽 | 聽Acer X34 Predator聽| R4聽|聽EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB |聽3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot:聽http://hwbot.org/user/lays/聽

FireStrike980 ti @1800 Mhz聽http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338聽http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

my mom is the definition of frugal, she could have gotten a $300 monitor but she wouldn't even get me a $240 one, so i had to go with a $200 VE228 that was on sale @ Newegg.com

Yeah but at least it works...

Monitors are not something you should be moving around on a daily basis. You put it in one spot and leave it there, it should not wobble :)

The more expensive asus monitors have very well made stands that do not wobble.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven聽 聽minimalist white and black PC聽 聽 聽Old S340 build log "White Heaven"聽 聽 聽 聽聽The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log聽 聽 聽 聽 Project AntiRoll (prototype)聽 聽 聽 聽 Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X聽|聽AMD Vega Frontier Edition聽|聽ASUS X570 Pro WS聽|聽Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB聽|聽NZXT H500聽|聽Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700聽|聽Custom loop聽|聽Coolermaster SK630 White聽|聽Logitech MX Master 2S聽|Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB聽|Samsung 58" 4k TV|Scarlett 2i4|2x AT2020

It's a monitor, do you need to touch it and wobble it around enough for a cheap stand to be an issue?

it shakes a lot when i type or even move the mouse, maybe i'm just hitting the keys too hard?

I can pound on my desk and my monitors barely move.聽

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽

CPU:聽Intel I7-4790k |聽MOBO:聽Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 |Ram:聽Corsair Vengance聽32GB 1600hz |聽GPU:EVGA GTX980聽Reference

PSU:聽Corsair EVGA G2 850W聽聽|聽SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB |HDD: WD Black 1TB

聽CPU Cooler:聽Corsair H105 |聽Case: Corsair 760T (White) |聽Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I can pound on my desk and my monitors barely move.聽

that's ironic, i can too. but when i type or even hit the side of my desk with my leg and it wobbles left and right

it shakes a lot when i type or even move the mouse, maybe i'm just hitting the keys too hard?

Seems more like a wobbly desk as well then that's only making the wobbly monitor worse :P

Stuff: 聽i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ)聽| ASRock Z170M OC聽Formula聽| G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16聽| EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz聽 | 聽Acer X34 Predator聽| R4聽|聽EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB |聽3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot:聽http://hwbot.org/user/lays/聽

FireStrike980 ti @1800 Mhz聽http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338聽http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Be grateful for mom and what she does for you.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Be grateful for mom and what she does for you.

i'm not angry or anything at her, i'd take this over my 1280x1024 CRT any day

VESA Mount if it bothers you. 聽 I have a VS247-HP. 聽The stand isn't bad but nor is it the best. 聽 Only wobbles if your in an earthquake or the desk isn't stable.

My Rig: Spectre -聽http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XVCJP6

VESA Mount if it bothers you. 聽 I have a VS247-HP. 聽The stand isn't bad but nor is it the best. 聽 Only wobbles if your in an earthquake or the desk isn't stable.

the desk also is very wobbly i just noticed, probably because of my ~40 lb computer on top of it. also what is VESA?

that's ironic, i can too. but when i type or even hit the side of my desk with my leg and it wobbles left and right

I have to simulate an earth quake to get my monitors to move. Is your stand just the little circle that screws to the rear of the monitor?

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽

CPU:聽Intel I7-4790k |聽MOBO:聽Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 |Ram:聽Corsair Vengance聽32GB 1600hz |聽GPU:EVGA GTX980聽Reference

PSU:聽Corsair EVGA G2 850W聽聽|聽SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB |HDD: WD Black 1TB

聽CPU Cooler:聽Corsair H105 |聽Case: Corsair 760T (White) |聽Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I have to simulate an earth quake to get my monitors to move. Is your stand just the little circle that screws to the rear of the monitor?

yes

the desk also is very wobbly i just noticed, probably because of my ~40 lb computer on top of it. also what is VESA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Display_Mounting_Interface

Basically a Metal Mount that screws into the back of the Monitor or TV. 聽 聽 EX: Monitor Arms are very nice and popular if your stand is bad/wobbles or if you have more monitors but want to use less space.

My Rig: Spectre -聽http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XVCJP6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Display_Mounting_Interface

Basically a Metal Mount that screws into the back of the Monitor or TV. 聽 聽 EX: Monitor Arms are very nice and popular if your stand is bad/wobbles or if you have more monitors but want to use less space.

i probably can't afford one right now but thanks for the info

You put the image of an ape pounding at a keyboard not know what it's doing.聽

Are you using sandpaper for a mousepad?聽

Case:Corsair 4000D Airflow;聽Motherboard:MSI ZZ490聽Gaming Edge;CPU:i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz;Cooler:Noctua NHD15S Chromax;RAM:Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz;Graphics Card:Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750G2;Storage:2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB;Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB;Keyboard:Logitech G710+;Mouse:Logitech G502;聽Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara /聽Mayflower Objective 2;Monitor:聽Asus VG27AQ

You put the image of an ape pounding at a keyboard not know what it's doing.聽

Are you using sandpaper for a mousepad?聽

no, the back of a notebook for a mousepad... :S