New to watercooling.

Go to solution Solved by Leonard,

Yes it is 400l/hr I assumed this would be enough as the temperatures are not that high now.

Voltages are in the picture as all I did was lower the vcore.

While it is ok for just a CPU it will degrade in performance fast once you add a restrictive block/s. Restrictive blocks are SLI bridges and motherboard mostfet blocks. 

When purchasing a pump you want as much flow rate and pressure head as possible, this way you can add other blocks and radiators without worrying if the pump is strong enough.

Looks like you are using manual voltage. If you want to reduce the temperatures you want to use offset voltage and keep the LLC at regular.

I have recently built my first water cooling loop and was wondering why my CPU temperature is so high. I have attached pictures of my temperatures and system.

System Info:

Asus Rampage IV BE

Intel 4930k @4.4ghz

GTX Titan Black SLI @Stock

Kinston Hyper X Beast 32gb 2400mhz

Water block - EK supreme LTX UNI CSQ 2013

Pump Res - EK-DCP 2.2 X-RES 12V DC PUMP

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S I know the tubing is a bit criss crossed.

post-109045-0-56359300-1406465985_thumb.

post-109045-0-53655700-1406466406_thumb.

reseat your cpu block :P

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I have already tried that and it seemed to make no difference.

What program are you running and get those temps?

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

At idle it is 30 C in a 25 C room but under load it shoots up to 70 C

Because your voltage is so high.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Prime 95 small ffts, So if it is the voltage there is nothing I can do about it except lower the overclock?

Everything is fine. Only reason is gets to 70c is eaither the program maxes out your CPU, or your overclock has a high voltage. 

You can eaither try to town down the voltage, or just dealwith the temp. If it's 70c under gaming id suggest pulling down voltage, but yeah.. I don't think 70c is your gaming temp.. Unless it is, then well.. You did something wrong! :D 

Prime 95 small ffts, So if it is the voltage there is nothing I can do about it except lower the overclock?

correct. the heat is coming form the voltage.

While in BF4 it hits 65-66 C so I guess I'll play with the voltage

Thank you the temp is much lower now I put the voltage down. :D

While in BF4 it hits 65-66 C so I guess I'll play with the voltage

Thank you the temp is much lower now I put the voltage down. :D

great, the heat is heavily dependent on voltage.

PS. use the quote function on the lower right of post to alert member of reply.

P.S I know the tubing is a bit criss crossed.

res/pump>bottom GPU>top GPU>top RAD>CPU>front RAD>res/pump

move CPU tube back fitting on front RAD

move nearest tube front RAD to res/pump

bottom GPU tube to res/pump shortens runs and no crossings lines

I do now intend to sound like i am insulting your intelligence or anything but are you sure you have all the air out of your system and that you have the coolant flow to the proper inlets and outlets? I also suspect it could be generated from the pump not being strong enough. Most GPU SLI blocks are restrictive. The pump you are using is not a strong one the flow is 400lph if i remember correctly which is ok for a CPU only but not really for SLI. For SLI you want a flow of 900lph or higher and pressure of 2m or higher. 

About the voltage....do you have LLC at regular or higher? This will also contribute to the heat as it will increase the voltage more than needed so too would the voltage to the CPU if you have it set to Auto or manual. You want to use offset voltage to combat heat.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Yes it is 400l/hr I assumed this would be enough as the temperatures are not that high now.

post-109045-0-56860100-1406472125.jpg

While it is ok for just a CPU it will degrade in performance fast once you add a restrictive block/s. Restrictive blocks are SLI bridges and motherboard mostfet blocks. 

When purchasing a pump you want as much flow rate and pressure head as possible, this way you can add other blocks and radiators without worrying if the pump is strong enough.

Looks like you are using manual voltage. If you want to reduce the temperatures you want to use offset voltage and keep the LLC at regular.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.