MSI GT70 win 7 reinstall.

aidenrelkoff

so my cousin bought a used laptop and its full of crap from the old guy. he dident even log out of steam...

btw sorry for spelling im on my tablet and im too lazy to fix anything.

so win 7 needs a install disk to format to factory -_- win8 ftw......

i dont have a disk, it dident come with one and i have no clue what the os key is.

i could spend like 3 hrs manually removing eveything, but ot would be easier to resore it.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

win8 ftw......

WWCO8iE.gif

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It doesn't have a recovery partition on it (you would still have to end up uninstalling all the crap from the manufacturer)? Also does it not have a sticker on the bottom with the license key on it? If it does you should be able to just download an ISO for Windows 7 and install and use that key (make sure you use the same version, ie: home premium).

It doesn't have a recovery partition on it (you would still have to end up uninstalling all the crap from the manufacturer)? Also does it not have a sticker on the bottom with the license key on it? If it does you should be able to just download an ISO for Windows 7 and install and use that key (make sure you use the same version, ie: home premium).

no sticker, no istall disk, no key.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

no sticker, no istall disk, no key.

Is there a recovery partition? If you check in disk management and there is a partition that is like 10 GB or so that is probably it. You can restore it to factory conditions with that (it should automatically pull your license), like I said earlier you will still have to deal with the manufacturer bloatware. You can also use a key finder program to find out what the license is for your copy of Windows, with that you should be able to re-install using a downloaded ISO (you may have to call Microsoft to get the key to work, the activation is a bit picky sometimes).

Is there a recovery partition? If you check in disk management and there is a partition that is like 10 GB or so that is probably it. You can restore it to factory conditions with that (it should automatically pull your license), like I said earlier you will still have to deal with the manufacturer bloatware. You can also use a key finder program to find out what the license is for your copy of Windows, with that you should be able to re-install using a downloaded ISO (you may have to call Microsoft to get the key to work, the activation is a bit picky sometimes).

yeah it has a recovery partion, so is that a factory recovery? or what? and how to do activate the recovery thing? 

yeah it has a recovery partion, so is that a factory recovery? or what? and how to do activate the recovery thing? 

so what option?

post-45248-0-30486800-1406418165_thumb.j

There should be a key you have to tap when you first turn on the computer, it varies by brand. Some common ones are 'esc', F2, and F11. Sometimes you can also access it in the boot menu if you can't find the recovery key. If you still can't find it, usually just google-ing the brand of your laptop and recovery mode (eg 'Dell recovery mode key').

so what option?

Disregard my other post, looks like you found it.

I can't quite tell what the option you clicked on is. usually what you want to do is look for something like: 'system recovery: restore your computer to the original factory state'. It could be the top method, I've never seen it be described like that though, it could also be something different. If you did click on the right thing and that message popped up, I would assume that somehow your recovery partition got corrupted somehow.