LTT's AIO watercooling testing and reviews

MikeTz

First of all I would like to start this by saying that this is my opinion and I don't hate the testing method I'm just giving a suggestion.

So,

The testing for watercooling AIO's is all done with Noctua fans.The thing is that those fans cost money,lots of money.(20 euros for ONE fan and 25 with shipping)

What I want to say is that LTT should include the pricing on the fans and with that in mind give us the final score/verdict.

Also it would be nice to test AIO's with the stock fans because most of the people with use them instead of other fans (I know that the benches are done

with OC on the CPU's and the GPU's but it's stupid saying to people to look elsewhere for the "normal" values[temps and stuff])

TLDR

So all in all, I suggest that the AIO's should be tested with the stock fans and that the verdict should be given while keeping in mind the cost of the Noctua fans when they are used.

Hopefully this will be seen by the LTT group and considered.

That's all, thanks for reading this.

EDIT: For everyone saying the reasoning about noctua fans, I get it but in reality most people will not spend the 50 more euros which is half of most AIO for fans even though they are enthusiasts.

Also I don't know of this is the right place to make this thread but I hope it is...

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

I guess it all depends on your budget and what you personally think sounds right in your PC. I bought my Corsair h80i and I use my stock fans that came with it and I have to say they are nice. People who have complained about them are making problems about them that are made from thin air. Would I replace them for Noctua fans? Probably not since I don't really like them. Just my opinion

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

I guess it all depends on your budget and what you personally think sounds right in your PC. I bought my Corsair h80i and I use my stock fans that came with it and I have to say they are nice. People who have complained about them are making problems about them that are made from thin air. Would I replace them for Noctua fans? Probably not since I don't really like them. Just my opinion

I get what you say but it has nothing to do with the topic(not being offensive).

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

I like their approach, all the other guys are testing them with the stock fans, LTT reviews are unique on the web, and they eliminate the factor of inferior fans affecting performance. LTT tests the AiO itself. IMO if I wanted to see the stock review I can go to other website/channel.

I like their approach, all the other guys are testing them with the stock fans, LTT reviews are unique on the web, and they eliminate the factor of inferior fans affecting performance. LTT tests the AiO itself. IMO if I wanted to see the stock review I can go to other website/channel.

That's the thing.

If they want me to support them by watching there videos and saying the make high quality videos(which they do,just sayin) then they have to put the 40 minutes of extra work and provide us(or me if im the only ones who thinks like that).

EDIT: They are not unique they are different 

I'm going to play devil's (Linus') advocate here. When they use the noctuas they're effectively reducing variables. They're showing you the performance of the rads, pumps, and blocks so that someone can choose the best and quietest performer. Seeing as one AIO kit may perform much better with low pump noise, but has overly loud fans/fan profiles, the enthusiast might prefer that and some noctua replacement fans.

I see why you'd want straight up reviews, but there are a few benchmarks out there that should tell you what you need to know in those regards. The Linus reviews give us an extensive look at real world implementation.

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

null

what does that mean?

I'm going to play devil's (Linus') advocate here. When they use the noctuas they're effectively reducing variables. They're showing you the performance of the rads, pumps, and blocks so that someone can choose the best and quietest performer. Seeing as one AIO kit may perform much better with low pump noise, but has overly loud fans/fan profiles, the enthusiast might prefer that and some noctua replacement fans.

I see why you'd want straight up reviews, but there are a few benchmarks out there that should tell you what you need to know in those regards. The Linus reviews give us an extensive look at real world implementation.

I get the point but again as I said before and in the thread, if they want to tell that they make high quality videos they should provide with the normal and "real" real results

They're giving every AIO an equal chance by using the same fans at the same rpms. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

They're giving every AIO an equal chance by using the same fans at the same rpms. 

Again I get the point but that doesn't justify that they neglect other aspects of a review

Again I get the point but that doesn't justify that they neglect other aspects of a review

Well, take it for what it is. This is their testing methodology and a good one to boot. I see no wrong in putting every AIO on an even playing field. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

First of all I would like to start this by saying that this is my opinion and I don't hate the testing method I'm just giving a suggestion.

Please read the topic before jumping to conclusion(not being offensive).