Xbox one GPU equivalence?

ybriK

So I was snooping around the great wonders of the internet and saw that the Xbox one's GPU system is somewhere around the HD Radeon 7770-7790 which I believe is a $120-$150 card (correct me if I'm wrong). However I'm not sure what it's 8 core AMD x86 CPU is equivalent towards the Intel or AMD (PC) brands. If my claims are wrong feel free to provide true information.

XBox One and PS4 will use 8-cores CPUs from AMD. Also XBox One will use APU (in other words integrated GPU) not a dedicated one so a comparison with 7770 and 7790 is not really fair.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

The thing is all of these consoles just upscale to 1080p rather than just outputting 1080p in the first place like a pc gpu does.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

like an A10-5800K

APU

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

The thing is all of these consoles just upscale to 1080p rather than just outputting 1080p in the first place like a pc gpu does.

Wait what? The current gen currently upscale in games but I'm sure the next gen will be capable of true 1080p gaming.

Why in the hell would they use an integrated GPU. Sony has a dedicated GPU as well as GDDR5 memory. The specs for the Xbox One are worse than the PS4.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

We don't know exactly what the GPU is inside the PS4 or Xbox One

Both consoles will be using the new Jaguar cores for the upcoming X2 and X4 APU's coming to desktops. The only difference will be that the consoles will be getting an 8 core model. There are videos on youtube regarding the Jaguar cores.

Edit: This may shed a bit of light on the graphics core for the APU:

The statement provided above shows that AMD is comparing their upcoming A-series parts to Jaguar APU. And by those A-Series parts, AMD is specifically referring not to http://wccftech.com/amd-cut-down-version-playstation-4-jaguar-apu-consumers/'>Source

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

the amd A10-5800k uses a 6670, so i'd think something similar, maybe a 7750

i've heard it would be beetween the 7770 and the 7790

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

PS4 GPU calculations per sec are pretty similar to a 7790 meanwhile the Xbox One GPU is more comprabale to a 7770.

i spent all of yesterday's afternoon debating with a friend about this. Will more calculations and GDDR5 be enough for the PS4 against the X One, PS3 was bad because it was easier to program on a X360 than on cell, but now that all new consoles are using x86 arquitectures and PC like GPU's, but now that all those variables have been taken apart??

Some games (FPS) will run @ 720p to get more fps ( Battlefield 4 obviously ), so yea,...

Myself, i am really not impressed by hardware. You can build similar PC for a bit higher price...

Something like.

AMD FX-6350 $140

cooler master evo to keep it cool $35

8 gigs of ram  $60

1tb hdd $65

650ti boost 2gb / HD7790 2gb $150

mini atx mobo and case with 3.0usb $60  /  $35 

cooler master sickleflow fan for $10 to keep the hot air out

555 dollars... with OS, mouse, keyboard, 1080p monitor, headphones around $800...

(#note you can cut corners and save ~ $150 on  proc/mobo/stock cpu cooler/500gb HDD )

Not to mention you can play games with pc on a TV also... and with xbox controller also... so you only need OS keyboard and mouse. $100

$650 for fully functional PC. The console will most likely be around $399 so why not pay $250 more ? 

You pay for one xbox game more than for 3 PC ones lol (steam sales...) . You pay for online. You cant change parts when they get old. You can just "replace" them. I have no idea why someone who is on a budget would buy Xbox...if so, for gaming rather get PS4 obviously.

Micro$oft failed. Sorry i went a bit offtopic :P

I thought it was a hybrid xfire  with an APU and a 6670?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

The short answer is no one knows for sure yet but if i had to hazard a guess and bearing a few things in mine, price being an important one (i can pre order the xbox one for £399 - $680 or something) i would say and NVIDIA equivalent, because i don't know AMD cards, would be somthing like a gtx 650 maybe a 650ti? who knows, although the gpu is important game development is more important, just look how far the xbox 360 has came with its limited hard ware, all down to game development, somthing pc developers can get lazy with due to the abundant system resources. u gotta make the pollys count lol

Going by that the Xbox One looks crap compared to PS4, sucks as I have always been a bit of a Xbox fan boy :ph34r:  when it come to consoles.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Wow 1.6ghz processor and a gpu with 768 cores. Not impressive from xbox one.

Going by that the Xbox One looks crap compared to PS4, sucks as I have always been a bit of a Xbox fan boy :ph34r:  when it come to consoles.

The performance difference will prob be negligible in the end when playing games.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

They're consoles and they will perform like consoles - good enough for the general population just like 5 year old PCs using DDR2

Go Playstation. They should win last console war and they should this time too

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

At most I'd say 650. but practically an APU. :) 

I have read that both PS4 and Xbox one shares the ram with the cpu, and with both consoles using AMD cpu's that leads me to think that they are using integrated GPU's that dont really perform as good as a 650. 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D