CPU air cooler? or water cooler?

Awesome274

Im debating getting a 

- Corsair H80i liquid CPU cooler

Or a

Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK CFM CPU Cooler

Whitch would be more effective for cooling my i7 CPU?

Neither, get an NDH15 from noctua, or a Dark rock pro 3.

Btw, has your build already been made? What use is the build for?

Diamond 5 in League :)

PHTC14PE, DRP3, and D15 are all excellent choices.

I'd say go for whichever is a combination of the most appealing and price.

Error: 410

Neither, get an NDH15 from noctua, or a Dark rock pro 3.

Btw, has your build already been made? What use is the build for?

it has not been built yet just kinda making a big list of parts that i want to get for it, the build will mostly be used for gaming but occationally for recording and streaming sometimes rendering 

I have an h80i and its really nice! It's expensive but its worth it. The program that comes with it is annoying at times but overall i'd give the h80i a 9 out of 10

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

it has not been built yet just kinda making a big list of parts that i want to get for it, the build will mostly be used for gaming but occationally for recording and streaming sometimes rendering 

Cool, if you want some help with finding cool parts, you can make a topic here, also, you might want to use pcpartpicker.com, it gathers the lowest prices on whatever parts you want.

Cool, if you want some help with finding cool parts, you can make a topic here, also, you might want to use pcpartpicker.com, it gathers the lowest prices on whatever parts you want.

This community has been really helped me choose parts and teached me a few things i didnt know before, ill be coming here for any questions i have. and i already use PCPartPicker :)

This community has been really helped me choose parts and teached me a few things i didnt know before, ill be coming here for any questions i have. and i already use PCPartPicker :)

Great! :)

Phantek make really great cpu coolers...and some corsair AIOs have problem with pump noise.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Phanteks, great looking cooler.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

I have nothing but problems with AIO water coolers in pump noise from Corsair and Antec so the NH-D15 is better cooling and quieter. 

Im debating getting a 

- Corsair H80i liquid CPU cooler

Or a

Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK CFM CPU Cooler

Whitch would be more effective for cooling my i7 CPU?

The PH-TC14PE performs almost identical to the NH-D15 in terms of noise and cooling. The Dark Rock Pro 3 is a bit quieter but also doesn't perform as good.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I would take a phanteks tc14pe or cryorig r1 over any AIO apart from the swiftech h220/x