Buy Ipad Mini Retina vs Nvidia Shield Tablet?

luke_2bossly

Hey guys should I buy Ipad Mini Retina or Nvidia Shield Tablet??? Pretty much what I do is YouTube, Instagram, Web Browsing, and Netflix. I have a gtx Pc so gamestreaming would be really cool!!! But my CPU is not capable of gamestreaming yet... so here are the options I was thinking. I like option 1 because I can just use the Ipad for a few months and then if the shield tablet goes down in price I can just switch over :) Any imput or suggestion appreciated...

1. Buy Ipad mini and I can sell if I get a new Cpu

2. Buy Shield Tablet and then use gamestream when get new Cpu

Ipad mini retina $270 (I know a guy)

Shield tablet $300

Its all looks these days

Shield cause playin games on le bed is the best.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Basically the only advantage  of shield is gamestream so I would say get the shield. Also why would you need a new CPU to use it?

i donno . both are great. but get the shield. 8'' tablet is just perfect . 

gamestream uses the hw decoder integrated in the gpu.the cpu doesn`t do much

Edited by s3ns3

Buy a new CPU first, then a shield.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

depends on you, ipad can be useful for everyday usage nvidia shield is pretty much game oriented so more in-home usage alone, i'd say, go for the apple, but it's your opinion.

Details separate people.

Does the Nvidia Shield Tablet utilise an IPS display? Just curious.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

depends on you, ipad can be useful for everyday usage nvidia shield is pretty much game oriented so more in-home usage alone

what ? it has stock android kit kat which is perfect why is game oriented ? its an android tablet,with some more

Edited by s3ns3

Well, depending on what you get changes your scenario. How would we know which one you would prefer to do? Does gamestreaming on a tablet appeal to you, and is it something you can see yourself doing? Personally, I would never see myself gamestreaming because if I want to game at home, well I just go to my room on my computer. Are you the same?

Honestly, I would go with the ipad because cheaper and I believe the novelty of gamestreaming will wear off very soon.

However, android tablet is before ipad.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Umm I say get a new CPU then a tablet. Since you want a tablet I would say it depends on what you want. Since it seems like you have a computer that can play games I would say the iPad mini retina. The only reason I wouldnt do the Shield is if I had one I think it would be to much gaming for me between my computer and the Shield.

Shield cause playin games on le bed is the best.

Neither, new CPU now.

Basically the only advantage  of shield is gamestream so I would say get the shield. Also why would you need a new CPU to use it?

i donno . both are great. but get the shield. 8'' tablet is just perfect . 

gamestream uses the hw decoder integrated in the gpu.the cpu doesn`t do much

Buy a new CPU first, then a shield.

depends on you, ipad can be useful for everyday usage nvidia shield is pretty much game oriented so more in-home usage alone, i'd say, go for the apple, but it's your opinion.

Does the Nvidia Shield Tablet utilise an IPS display? Just curious.

what ? it has stock android kit kat which is perfect why is game oriented ? its an android tablet,with some more

Well, depending on what you get changes your scenario. How would we know which one you would prefer to do? Does gamestreaming on a tablet appeal to you, and is it something you can see yourself doing? Personally, I would never see myself gamestreaming because if I want to game at home, well I just go to my room on my computer. Are you the same?

Honestly, I would go with the ipad because cheaper and I believe the novelty of gamestreaming will wear off very soon.

However, android tablet is before ipad.

Umm I say get a new CPU then a tablet. Since you want a tablet I would say it depends on what you want. Since it seems like you have a computer that can play games I would say the iPad mini retina. The only reason I wouldnt do the Shield is if I had one I think it would be to much gaming for me between my computer and the Shield.

Guys I think I get nvidia Shield tablet! Emulators man! ppsspp and dolphin emulator!!!! 192 cores, says it all

Its all looks these days

Eh, the iPad Mini isn't so bad either. It's got Siri, iOS 7 soon 8, and it's pretty sexy if you ask me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why do you need a new CPU, OP? Your profile says you have an i5 - is it bork?

Lol I buy and sell pc parts all the time :) I just had a kIngpIn 780ti in my rig for like a month!!! I change my rig all the time but thats usually the standard setup :)

Its all looks these days

but now I am stuck with an apu cause my freind wanted my i5 :( now I gotta find another lol

Its all looks these days

but now I am stuck with an apu 

yeah change it fast

Not Apple... ever. Just don't be that person.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Not Apple... ever. Just don't be that person.

Dont be that hater...

Its all looks these days